7 TIPS FOR SHIPPING HOLIDAY PACKAGES
It's not too late to get your supply chain holiday-ready. As eCommerce sales continue to boom,
sellers need better visibility to tracking shipments and automating the order process for customers. FreightCenter now offers parcel shipping services in conjunction with volume freight shipping services.
Follow these simple tips to optimize your shipping practices
in time for the holidays:
- Always expedite delivery. During the holidays, expectations for fast and free
shipping are high and tolerance for missed deadlines are low. By shipping orders
the same day the order is placed, you reduce the risk of a delay.
- Prep packages when it’s slow. Survive shipping season by boxing orders during
your downtime. Pre-package common orders and write the total weight on the
surface of the package. That way, you’ll be ready to expedite the shipment once
shipping picks up.
- Keep supplies on hand. . There’s nothing worse than running out of boxes and
tape when you’re in a rush. Maintain a healthy inventory of your supplies. Audit
your shipping habits from last year to predict what you need to have on hand.
- Find discounted volume shipping rates.Many factors change your cost
of shipping, like package weight, delivery speed, and package size. By
consolidating the bulk of your shipments, your shipping provider can offer
heavily discounted rates on the volume of packages you ship.
- Triple-check delivery addresses. . Bad or incorrectly formatted addresses can
wreak havoc on your supply chain. Ensure your shipping provider confirms
physical mailing addresses before printing the shipping label.
- Protect yourself from loss. Spikes in shipping volumes before the holidays can
increase your chances of loss and damage. Your shipping provider can provide
options that can help you track deliveries and require customer signatures.
- Eliminate trips to mail packages. Too busy to sneak off to the pack n’ ship
store? Your shipping provider can request pick up right from your door.
As the holiday season fast approaches, look to FreightCenter to manage your business shipping. Get your instant freight quote now.