Freight shipping to Baltimore is easier than ever with FreightCenter. Our simple quoting and booking process will enable you to get an instant freight quote from top shipping companies and start booking your freight shipments in a few short minutes. FreightCenter makes it affordable to ship intermodal freight, LTL freight, truckload freight, and rail freight to Baltimore, from Baltimore, or anywhere else ...all with our guaranteed competitive freight rates.
Freight Shipping Baltimore, MDMaryland
Shipping freight in and out of Baltimore is a smooth process with Maryland’s robust freight transportation infrastructure that’s rich in history. The Port of Baltimore was established in 1706, and the first freight railroad was established in Baltimore in 1827. Today, freight continues to move on water, rail, highway, and in the air.
Maryland’s economy balances on a robust freight and logistics network. The movement of goods across all modes of transportation is crucial to all businesses, including: healthcare, biotech, service businesses, agriculture, manufacturing and supply chain distribution. Home to the likes of Verizon and Black and Decker Corp, Maryland supply chains have many options to keep their freight moving no matter where they ship.
Baltimore, Maryland is the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic. The city has a long economic history with steel processing, shipping, transportation, and auto manufacturing. A pipeline from Pennsylvania delivers crude oil to the cities refineries. Baltimore is home to top manufacturers such as,
- AAI is an aerospace and defense development company. They specialize in unmanned aircraft, ground control technologies, logistical, supply chain, and support services.
- BD Diagnostic Systems is a medical technology company. They manufacture medical devices, instrument systems and reagents.
- Under Armour Inc is headquartered in Baltimore. They are a company that manufactures footwear, casual apparel and sporting equipment.
- McCormick & Co Inc is headquartered in Sparks (a suburb of Baltimore). They are a fortune 100 company that produces spices, herbs and flavorings.
- Northrop Grumman Corp is a defense and aerospace technology company. They produce aircraft, vessels, satellites, and advanced electronic sensors and systems.
How much does freight shipping cost from Tampa to Baltimore?
The cost of shipping freight is determined by how it is shipped and what is being shipped. It sounds simple, but freight rates are calculated instantly based on several factors that fluctuate every minute of every day. If our agents urge you to book while a freight quote is low, it is likely due to forecasts we see that can save you in the long run.
Get an instant freight quote from multiple Baltimore freight carriers with just one search. Why search around for the cheapest freight shipping rates? Compare freight rates from over 50 carriers instantly, or call 800.716.7608 to get an instant quote from hundreds of leading nationwide freight carriers.
Shipping Companies in Baltimore
We connect our customers with the most reputable Baltimore shipping companies. With our vast network of Baltimore freight carriers, we are able to find the ideal carrier to ship your freight.
FreightCenter partners with most of the following Baltimore freight shipping companies.