Freight shipping to Boston is easier than ever with FreightCenter. Our simple quoting and booking process will enable you to get instant freight rates from top shipping companies and start booking your freight shipments in a few short minutes. FreightCenter makes it affordable to ship intermodal freight, LTL freight, truckload freight, and rail freight to Boston, from Boston, or anywhere else ...all with our guaranteed competitive freight rates.
Freight Shipping Boston, MA
Shipping up to Boston? With the robust infrastructure of Boston’s highways and intermodal options, as well as, the Port of Boston and Logan International Airport, shippers have many options when moving freight in and out of Boston.
This city is also home to the Conley Terminal, which is the only full-service cargo terminal in the New England region. Among other important achievements, it conducts business with over 1,500,000 metric tons of freight on an annual basis, and provides service to some of the largest shipping lines, including MSC, COSCO, Yang Ming, Maersk, and more.
Here are some fun facts about Boston freight shipping that you may not yet know:
- Most goods are shipped by truck in Massachusetts
- In 2014, $212 billion in goods shipped out of the state
- Another $196 billion in goods shipped into the state
- In a year, the average driver spends 53 hours stuck in traffic congestion
- 43% of Massachusetts’s bridges aren’t functional
- 70% of goods shipped are transported by truck
FreightCenter partners will a large network of regional and nationwide carriers to find space on trucks for shipping to or from Boston, MA.
Boston, MA is considered to be a global city. It has a GDP of over $360 billion and is ranked the sixth largest economy in the nation. The city is a major center for venture capital and high-tech companies. The Port of Boston has access to ground transportation that includes a truck only haul road. It operates non-massport facilities dedicated to bulk cargo, LNG shipments, and petroleum. Eight Fortune 1000 companies headquarter in the city. These include,
- Wayfair is an e-commerce company that sells home goods.
- Boston Properties is a real estate investment trust company.
- Cabot Corporation is a specialty chemicals company.They produce products such as carbons, silicas, and aluminas.
- Iron Mountain is an information storage company.
- LPL Financial Holdings is a financial brokerage company.
- American Tower Corporation is a communications infrastructure company for wireless and broadcast.
- State Street Corp. is a financial services holdings company.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Group is a worldwide insurance company.
Shipping Companies in Boston
FreightCenter has delivered the best and most reputable Boston shipping companies to our customers since 1998. With our vast network of Boston freight carriers, we are able to find the ideal carrier to ship your freight to and from Boston.
FreightCenter is the leader in
city-to-city freight shipping
Get instant freight rates from multiple Boston freight carriers with just one search. Why search around for the cheapest freight shipping rates? Just use our instant freight rate tool or call 800.716.7608 to get an instant quote from hundreds of leading nationwide freight carriers.