Freight shipping to Detroit is easier than ever with FreightCenter. Our simple quoting and booking process will enable you to get an instant freight quote from top shipping companies and start booking your freight shipments in a few short minutes. FreightCenter makes it affordable to ship intermodal freight, LTL freight, truckload freight, and rail freight to Detroit, from Detroit, or anywhere else ...all with our guaranteed competitive freight rates.
Freight Shipping Detroit, MIMichigan
Once again, the trucking industry handles the majority of freight volume in Michigan. However, of the freight that isn't handled by ground transportation, Detroit handles the majority of high-value, time-sensitive freight via air freight. Canada is a huge trading partner with Detroit, Michigan. Cross-border freight shipping to Canada accounts for billions of U.S. dollars in trade. Detroit is heavy on shipping raw, non-metallic materials like sand and gravel, and the transportation of farm products and LTL shipments to warehouses and distribution centers place in close second.
Detroit, Michigan is one of the most important airport hubs in America. A significant port is located in the city connecting the Great Lakes to the Saint Lawrence Seaway. Manufacturing and technology are sectors with extreme economic value to the city and state. There are three companies on the Fortune 500 based in Detroit, Michigan. Here are five of the largest employers in the city,
- Ford Motor Co. has a regional headquarters located in Detroit. They are an automobile manufacturing specializing in passenger and commercial vehicles.
- General Motors Co is a car, truck and vehicle parts manufacturer. The company is a multinational corporation headquartering in Detroit.
- Illitch Companies includes business such as Blue Line Food Distribution, CCM Merger Inc, and Little Ceasars Pizza. Their headquarters are located in Detroit.
- Rock Ventures is a holding company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. They have over one hundred and ten affiliate companies including Quicken Loans.
- FCA US LLC is known as Fiat Chrysler. They manufacturer passenger vehicles such as Dodge, Jeep, and Ram Trucks. A major division of theirs also includes Mopar, which is an automotive parts and accessory distributor.
Does FreightCenter allow shippers to book cross-border shipments via rail freight?
Yes. There are railways connecting railways in Detroit to the Canadian National Railway. FreightCenter's truckload department can assist with booking rail freight.
Get an instant freight quote from multiple Detroit freight carriers with just one search. Why search around for the cheapest freight shipping rates? Compare freight rates from over 50 carriers instantly, or call 800.716.7608 to get an instant quote from hundreds of leading nationwide freight carriers.
Shipping Companies in Detroit
We connect our customers with the most reputable Detroit shipping companies. With our vast network of Detroit freight carriers, we are able to find the ideal carrier to ship your freight.
FreightCenter partners with most of the following Detroit freight shipping companies.