Freight shipping to Los Angeles is easier than ever with FreightCenter. Our simple quoting and booking process will enable you to get an instant freight quote from top shipping companies and start booking your freight shipments in a few short minutes. FreightCenter makes it affordable to ship intermodal freight, LTL freight, truckload freight, and rail freight to Los Angeles, from Los Angeles, or anywhere else ...all with our guaranteed competitive freight rates.
Freight Shipping Los Angeles, CACalifornia
Second in population after New York City is Los Angeles, and it's the most populated city in all of California. And when you're that big, you tend to have a lot of industry and supply chain distribution throughout the state and into the U.S. and Mexico.
Los Angeles freight shipping – in trend with other major metros – is performed mainly via truck and rail, but the ports contribute to the volume of freight moving in and out of California. Nearly 75% of all freight movements are made by truck to and from the ocean ports. The Port of Los Angeles or LA sees high volumes of imports and exports, and has major trading partners like China, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan and Taiwan. Consumer goods like furniture, clothing and apparel, and electronics are the items mainly imported to the U.S. through Los Angeles.
Los Angeles, CA economy is supported by many industries. International trade, aerospace, petroleum, and transportation are a few of the larger ones. The city has three major film studios in its city limits. They are Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox, and Universal Pictures. It has the world’s third largest GDP of all cities at over $860 billion. There are six Fortune 500 companies in LA. They are,
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation is a multinational oil and gas company. They have operations in the United States, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Health Net Inc. is a health care insurance provider. The company provides insurances to consumers in all fifty states.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. is the largest metals service center in North America. It distributes metals such as brass, carbon steel, and titanium. These metals are used in manufacturing and metal product fabricators.
- AECOM Technology Corporation is a multinational engineering firm. They provide professional services such as consulting, design, and construction services.
- Oaktree Capital Group LLC is an asset management firm. They have seventeen offices in various countries.
- CBRE Group Inc. is a worldwide commercial real estate company. The have over three hundred and fifty locations.
Can I ship freight from Los Angeles to another city in California?
Of course. We can also ship the crate or container back to you, if you'd like. FreightCenter partners with hundreds of common carriers and freight companies to find you the best freight service in California.
Get an instant freight quote from multiple Los Angeles freight carriers with just one search. Why search around for the cheapest freight shipping rates? Compare freight rates from over 50 carriers instantly, or call 800.716.7608 to get an instant quote from hundreds of leading nationwide freight carriers.
Shipping Companies in Los Angeles
We connect our customers with the most reputable Los Angeles shipping companies. With our vast network of Los Angeles freight carriers, we are able to find the ideal carrier to ship your freight.
FreightCenter partners with most of the following Los Angeles freight shipping companies.