Freight shipping to Seattle is easier than ever with FreightCenter. Our simple quoting and booking process will enable you to get an instant freight quote from top shipping companies and start booking your freight shipments in a few short minutes. FreightCenter makes it affordable to ship intermodal freight, LTL freight, truckload freight, and rail freight to Seattle, from Seattle, or anywhere else ...all with our guaranteed competitive freight rates.
Freight Shipping Seattle, WAWashington
Seattle is a coastal city in Washington State that's rich in exports including natural resources, construction materials, farming, fishing and consumer goods. Seattle is surrounded by water and interconnected to Canada, Alaska and the continental United States through a robust road and rail infrastructure. Air cargo freight is also a freight shipping option in Seattle.
Seattle freight shipping hubs include:
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Interstate 5 (I-5) and State Route 99 (SR 99)
- The Olympic Pipeline – a 400-mile pipeline delivering gasoline to areas of the Northwestern United States
- Port of Seattle
- Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railway (BNSF)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
Seattle, WA first significant industry was logging. Years later the city became a shipping center and the primary gateway to Alaska. Today, Seattle’s economy is supported by both its older industries and newer technology and internet companies. The Port of Seattle handles over three and a half million containers annually. It is the third largest container port in the United States. There are currently five Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the city limits. These companies are,
- Amazon.com is an internet based retailer and cloud computing company. The company ships dry goods and supplies of various natures directly to consumers.
- Starbucks is a coffee company with coffeehouse chains across America. They are primarily a beverage company that also serves food.
- Nordstrom is a department store chain. The company has over one hundred and twenty locations throughout the US.
- Expeditors International of Washington is a global logistics company. They offer services including freight forwarding and customs brokerage.
- Alaska Air Group is an airline holding company. They own and operate airlines services from Alaska Airlines, Virgin America, and Horizon Air.
Get an instant freight quote from multiple Seattle freight carriers with just one search. Why search around for the cheapest freight shipping rates? Compare freight rates from over 50 carriers instantly, or call 800.716.7608 to get an instant quote from hundreds of leading nationwide freight carriers.
Shipping Companies in Seattle
We connect our customers with the most reputable Seattle shipping companies. With our vast network of Seattle freight carriers, we are able to find the ideal carrier to ship your freight.
FreightCenter partners with most of the following Seattle freight shipping companies.