Information and help with Packing Furniture can be found here. Everything from beds, mattresses, couches and other furniture items.
When you are shipping furniture, you want to make sure it arrives in the same condition as it leaves. To ensure that this happens, you must take extra steps to help prepare and package your items. The number one reason for freight damage is due to improper packaging, so packaging your furniture properly is very important in order to avoid damage.
With decades of experience in the furniture shipping and freight shipping industry, the FreightCenter experts have learned a few tips along the way to help you prepare your items for shipping. Keep these in mind to help minimize your chance of damage during shipping.
Helpful Hints for Packaging Your Furniture:
1. Always use a strong sturdy box for packaging
2. If you’re shipping multiple items, individually wrap and protect each piece.
3. Once you are done wrapping and boxing, shake boxes to see if there are any loose items moving that need additional cushioning.
4. Be sure to entirely wrap and enclose your item in protective material.
5. Label every individual box with the destination address.
6. Generously wrap and cushion your items – you never over-protect them.
7. Use packaging or shipping tape to ensure a strong seal.
8. If you are shipping tables by freight, you must disassemble legs and pieces, then wrap, box, and crate together.
9. Shipping electronics? Try to use the original manufacturers box for the best protection or generously bubble wrap to prevent shifting.
10. When shipping couches, remove all slipcovers and cushions and wrap these separately. Fully pad, protect, and crate to secure.
Items Made of Wood
Furniture that can be marred, scratched or crushed should be properly protected before it is loaded onto and off of a truck. Make sure wooden finishes are protected by covering up corners with protective corrugated cardboard and use heavy weight blankets to protect the tops of tables and exposed sides of furniture.
You may also ship your item in a crate in order to prevent it from being crushed. Crafting is especially suggested if you’re shipping an item with legs that cannot be detached. If you would prefer the shipping company handle the packaging of your item, opt for our white glove service.
Items Covered in Fabric
Items such as couches, recliners, mattresses, etc. should be protected against ripping and tearing. You can buy a box that is specially designed for mattresses, or you can blanket wrap your furniture to ensure safe transport.
If you have questions or concerns on how to properly package your items so that they have the least chance of sustaining damage during transit, please call one of our trained account managers to help you through the process. They can give you additional and specific hints to help you with your packaging so that it stays intact and safe during transit. Although there are no guarantees, our agents care about your items and will do our best to help you. Call us today at 800.716.7608.
Get started now by getting a free, instant, online quote that compares top carriers’ rates.
We provide competitive freight shipping prices and an all-inclusive, easy-to-use shipping experience for our customers. Exceeding our customers’ expectations results in thousands of satisfied customer reviews and repeat business. We believe in the power of our customer relationships. Check out FreightCenter reviews from real customers, and learn what they have to say about their freight shipping experience!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and lowest price. My go to shipper from now onT!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.