Shipping a Wheelchair
Shipping a Wheelchair? Use our free online freight quote from top US carriers. Ship online or contact us directly. You can save up to 95%.
Save Time & Money When Shipping Wheelchairs
Whether you operate a company that sells wheelchairs to people all over the country or are shipping one wheelchair for yourself or a family member, the following tips will help you save time and money.
Should Wheelchairs Be Shipped as Parcels or Freight?
Some lighter wheelchairs might be eligible for parcel shipping, but the vast majority of wheelchairs need to be shipped as freight due to their weight (over 150 lb.) and size. Freight shipping can seem daunting and expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Unless you are shipping an entire truckload of wheelchairs, your shipment will be classified and priced as LTL (less-than-truckload). That means it will be consolidated with loads from other shippers onto one truck, thereby saving all the shippers money. Proper packaging of your wheelchair is critical to shipping success.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Your Shipping Services?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to freight shipping services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
How Do You Prepare a for LTL Freight Shipping?
Your wheelchair may be loaded and unloaded several times before it’s delivered. It will share a truck with dozens of other shipments that could shift around during transit. To avoid damages during shipping, you must adequately package your wheelchair. Review your wheelchair’s owner’s manual for special instructions on breaking down and transporting your equipment. If your wheelchair can be folded or taken apart, do so. Crate your wheelchair or secure it to a pallet. FreightCenter 800.716.7608 can help you find crating services. Or, you can build your custom crate. If securing a pallet with bands, wrap the wheelchair in styrofoam, double-walled cardboard, and shrink wrap.
How to Compare the Costs of Shipping Wheelchairs From Trusted Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. We enable you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in seconds. Your first step is to get an instant online freight shipping quote. Then, you choose which carrier you want to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest.
- Enter the dimensions, weight and relevant zip codes into the quote form.
- You’ll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you’ll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double check that all information is correct.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.Learn More
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.Learn More
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.Learn More
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.Learn More