Bill of Lading
A Bill of Lading or BOL is standard, mandatory paperwork for shipping. The BOL provids the carrier and driver with all the pertinent information related to shipping costs and transport information.
What Is a Bill of Lading (BOL)?
A Bill of Lading (or BOL) is a standard, mandatory piece of paperwork. The BOL provides the carrier and driver with all the pertinent information related to shipping costs and transport information. This paperwork allows for proper billing to be processed by the shipping company and FreightCenter, Inc. All parties (buyer, seller, and carrier) involved should have a copy of the BOL.
Why Choose Us For A Freight Quote?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For LTL Shipping Services?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to truckload services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of truckload freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their truckload freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
The FreightCenter BOL must be given to the carrier at the pickup time.
FreightCenter has discounted shipping rates due to the volume of shipments we ship through the freight carriers. The FreightCenter BOL confirms your (the customer’s) discounted rate with the carrier. If our BOL and additional account paperwork are modified or not used, the freight company will not know to bill FreightCenter these pre-negotiated rates. To keep shipping costs low, ensure the shipper uses ONLY FreightCenter’s BOL. In short, the BOL authorizes the freight discount to the driver at pickup. There is a $45.00 charge if the Bill of Lading is not used or given to the driver at pick-up. Even if you are having something picked up from your house, you will always use a BOL.
Printing a BOL Document
Your shipment paperwork and billing documents can all be found online. When you log in to your my.FreightCenter.com account, you should see your BOL. The BOL is attached to completed orders under the “Bookings” tab or link.
REMINDER: The FreightCenter BOL must be given to the carrier at the pickup time. All parties involved should have a copy of the BOL paperwork. The FreightCenter BOL confirms your discounted rate with the carrier.
Check for an email from your account manager that includes a link to FreightCenter’s BOL and any additional paperwork.
Please Print 2 Copies of the Bill of Lading
- Your shipment paperwork and billing documents can all be found when you log in to your my.FreightCenter.com account. The BOL is attached to completed orders under the Bookings tab or link.
- All parties (buyer, seller, and carrier) involved should have a copy of the BOL. The FreightCenter BOL must be given to the trucking company at pickup time. The FreightCenter BOL confirms your discounted rate with the carrier.
- Check for an email from your agent that includes a link to FreightCenter’s BOL and any additional required paperwork.
Why the FreightCenter Bill of Lading Paperwork Is Important
Suppose the driver is not presented with the FreightCenter-generated paperwork, including the bill of lading at pickup. In that case, the carrier will not know to charge FreightCenter the heavily discounted shipping rates quoted by the shipper. The carrier will instead set the shipper a non-discounted rate. Here are the details of how it works and why the FreightCenter Bill of Lading is so important:
- FreightCenter arranges discounted shipping rates with our carriers.
- The FreightCenter BOL confirms your discounted rate with the freight carrier.
- The FreightCenter BOL MUST be given to the carrier at the pickup time.
- If our BOL and additional account paperwork are modified or not used, the freight company will not know to bill FreightCenter these pre-negotiated rates.
- To keep shipping costs low, ensure the shipper uses ONLY FreightCenter’s BOL when authorizing the freight to the driver at pickup.
- The FreightCenter BOL can be printed directly from your account (see instructions below)
- If the BOL is not presented to the driver at pickup and there is a need to change the billing terms, a $45.00 charge for FreightCenter to change the billing terms will be incurred.
- The bill of lading tells the carrier where to deliver this freight to. Not using our bill of lading can cause shipping delays or deliveries to the wrong location. If the shipment is an expedited or guaranteed shipment, the carrier will not know this if the FreightCenter bill of lading was not used. The freight may not deliver on time anymore.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.