Shipping container freight is easy and affordable with FreightCenter, via truck, rail, and/or ship. Compare top carrier rates and save.
What Is a Sea Cargo Container?
What is containerization? For decades containerization has been the back bone of international ocean freight shipping. Sea cargo containers greatly reduce the expense and transit times for international and domestic shipments.
Sea cargo container shipping companies move approximately 90% of overseas non-bulk cargo. Containerization also plays a huge role in intermodal shipping. Intermodal shipping is the transportation of freight using rails and trucking. When containers reach ports they need to be dispensed onto other modes of transportation (other ships, rails, or trucks) to reach their final destination. Most are durable closed steel boxes used for dry freight or general purposes, though there are refrigerated sea cargo containers, tank in frame containers used specifically for liquids, and other kinds of specialized containers.
Containerization allows shipping companies to transport sea cargo containers without ever having to touch the cargo inside. This greatly reduces the likelihood for harmed or lost freight during transit. Sea cargo containers will be moved directly on to rail carts or trucks and delivered to their destination quickly and efficiently.
How FreightCenter Can Help
Shipping sea cargo container shipments are generally arranged by a freight logistics company like us. FreightCenter can arrange transportation of goods from the point of origin to the final destination. We can handle all modes of transportation required to achieve the delivery of the shipment in the arrange time frame.
Cargo container carriers are more limited than LTL carriers and will require a lot of information to arrange the correct method of transport. Let FreightCenter do the work for you! We can help match you with the best carrier fit for your needs. Contact one of our freight agents for help with your container requirement today by calling 800.716.7608.
FreightCenter Is Trusted By
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Container Freight Shipping?
There are several reasons why FreightCenter may be a good choice for container freight shipping:
- Wide network of carriers: FreightCenter has partnerships with a wide range of carriers, which means they can offer a variety of shipping options at competitive rates.
- Expertise in container shipping: FreightCenter has experience and expertise in container shipping, and can provide guidance on everything from selecting the right container size to navigating customs regulations.
- Technology-driven approach: FreightCenter uses advanced technology to streamline the shipping process, from getting quotes to tracking shipments, which can save time and reduce the risk of errors.
- Flexibility and customization: FreightCenter offers flexible shipping options and can tailor solutions to meet specific needs, whether it’s expedited shipping, specialized handling, or other requirements.
- Excellent customer service: FreightCenter has a reputation for providing exceptional customer service, with a team of experts available to answer questions and resolve issues throughout the shipping process.
Overall, FreightCenter’s combination of carrier network, expertise, technology, flexibility, and customer service make it a strong choice for container freight shipping needs.
Ocean Freight Shipping
Ocean freight shipping can often be the most cost-effective solution when you have freight cargo that needs to be transported around the world. However, overseas shipping can be a time-consuming, lengthy process. We can ease the burden and handle all your sea freight requests. Through our wide range of transportation experience, we can offer cohesive, comprehensive solutions to your freight shipping needs. Our ocean international shipping services are all-encompassing and guaranteed to lower your shipping cost for all container freight.
Importing and Exporting Goods
We provide international ocean freight shipping for both exporters and importers to help get your ocean freight to its destination. Whether you have freight cargo that will take up an entire container or only a small portion, we’ll find the right solution for you and your container freight. We can expertly move global sea freight as LCL (Less than Container Load), FCL (Full Container load), and non-conforming shipments. We excel at finding cost-effective solutions for our customers and getting you ocean freight where and when you need it. Choosing us for your ocean freight will ensure you receive the best rates and quality customer service.
Shipping by Container
Our container options for all ocean cargo shipping include 20’ standard, 40’ standard, and 40’ high cubes. Have a load that won’t fit in a container and needs a flat rack to be transported appropriately? We can handle it and will find you the most cost-effective solution. No matter your request, your dedicated account manager will work with you to determine which container/rack, line, vessel, and cargo choices are best matched as the answer for your budget and needs.
Steps To Ship A Container?
Container freight often entails more than one form of conveyance, making it a tall order for an infrequent shipper to arrange. Infrequent shippers rely on 3PLs (3rd Party Logistics companies) like FreightCenter to arrange to ship with the carrier(s that provide the best combination of rate and service. Carriers prefer to work with companies that sign a long-term contract guaranteeing a minimum number of shipments.
Shipping container freight can seem overwhelming if you’re new to it, but it’s a straightforward process that involves the following steps:
- Determine your shipping needs: Decide on the type of cargo you need to ship, the volume of cargo, the destination, and the timeline for delivery. This information will help you choose the right container size and shipping method.
- Get a freight quote: Contact a freight forwarder or shipping company for a container shipping quote. You’ll need to provide information about the cargo, the origin and destination, and any special requirements.
- Choose a container size: Based on the volume of cargo you need to ship, choose a size that best fits your needs. Standard container sizes are 20 feet, 40 feet, and 45 feet.
- Book your shipment: Once you’ve received a quote and chosen a container size, book your shipment with the freight forwarder or shipping company. You must provide details about the cargo, pickup, delivery locations, and special requirements.
- Prepare the cargo: Pack your cargo securely in the container, making sure it is appropriately labeled and any necessary customs documentation is completed.
- Transport the container: The shipping company will transport the container to the port and load it onto the ship. Once it reaches the destination port, it will be unloaded and transported to the final destination.
- Receive your cargo: Once the container arrives at the destination port, you’ll need to arrange for customs clearance and for the container to be delivered to the final destination.
Overall, shipping container freight involves careful planning, preparation, and coordination with the shipping company, but it can be a reliable and low-cost way to transport goods across long distances.
How to Save Money on Shipping Container Freight?
Rely on FreightCenter
FreightCenter can help save you money when shipping container freight in a few ways:
Carrier network: FreightCenter has partnerships with a wide range of carriers, which allows them to compare rates and find the most cost-effective shipping option for your specific needs.
Advanced technology: FreightCenter’s technology-driven approach helps to streamline the shipping process, reducing the risk of errors and saving time and money in the long run.
Expertise and guidance: FreightCenter’s team of shipping experts can guide everything from choosing the right container size to navigating customs regulations, which can help avoid costly mistakes and delays.
Customized solutions: FreightCenter offers customized shipping solutions based on your specific needs, whether expedited shipping, specialized handling, or other requirements. This can help to minimize costs and optimize efficiency.
Freight consolidation: FreightCenter can consolidate your cargo with other shipments going to the same destination, which can help reduce shipping costs by sharing the cost of transportation.
Overall, FreightCenter’s combination of the carrier network, advanced technology, expertise, customized solutions, and freight consolidation can help save you money when shipping container freight while still ensuring your cargo arrives at its destination safely and on time.
3PLs arrange shipping services for shippers large and small. Some 3PLs, like FreightCenter, specialize in working with small-to-medium-size businesses that do not ship frequently enough to make signing a contract with one carrier worthwhile. Because of the high volume of sending FreightCenter does, we hold heavily-discounted contracts with many carriers. Our customers enjoy the benefits of those discounts, frequently saving 25%, 50%, 75%, or more compared with booking directly through the same carrier.
FreightCenter arranges pickup and delivery of container freight, whether the mode is intermodal or international ocean cargo. We work with an extensive network of trucking and freighter companies specializing in container freight shipping. Whether you have a full container load (FCL) or partial container load (PCL), our booking agents can find a suitable carrier at a great rate.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.Learn More
Our experienced staff will manage all the variables needed to ensure a smooth shipping and safe arrival of your less-than-truckload cargo, including coordinating pickup and delivery, customs management, and permits.Learn More
Purchasing additional freight insurance can give you added peace of mind whether you’re shipping less-than-truckload (LTL), full truckload, or partial truckload. See insurance rates for full or partial truckload freight shipping.Learn More
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.Learn More
Freighter Companies Near Me
- A Duie Pyle
- AAA Cooper Transportation (ACT)
- ABF Freight
- Averitt Express
- Bolt Express
- Central Freight Lines
- Clear Lane Freight Systems
- Day & Ross Trucking
- Daylight Transport
- Dayton Freight Lines
- Dependable Highway Express
- Estes Express Lines
- Estes Forwarding Worldwide
- Express Logistics
- Forward Air
- Frontline Freight
- Frozen Food Express (FFE)
- H2O Logistics
- HNRY Logistics
- Honolulu Freight Services
- Journey Freight
- Kindersley Transport Ltd
- Midwest Motor Express
- New Penn
- Old Dominion Freight Line
- Panther Premium Logistics
- Pilot Freight
- Pitt Ohio
- Plycon Transportation Group
- R+L Carriers
- Roadrunner Transportation Systems
- Smith Transportation
- Southeastern Freight Lines
- Southwestern Motor Transport
- TForce Freight
- Try Hours Logistics
- TST Overland Express
- Ukay Delivery
- Ward Transport and Logistics
- XPO Logistics
- Xpress Global Systems
- Yellow Freight
- YRC Freight