We move your freight quickly by finding the best expedited freight solution. Whether it's a sprinter van or a team of drivers, we have various expedited options. Expedited shipping is the best solution for time-sensitive shipments.
What Is Expedited Freight
Expedited shipping is a service for freight shipments that need to travel at a faster rate than usual. Carriers prioritize expedited shipments over standard shipments, meaning there are fewer stops and delays during shipping. In other words, it’s ideal for shipments to arrive at their destinations by a specific date or time. There are many benefits to expedited shipping, including:
- Same day pickups
- Expedited freight shipping from 100+ carriers
- Faster Delivery
- Direct Shipping without stops
- Less handling means reduced risk of damage
- Real-time delivery updates
- Additional security of your goods
- Instant expedited shipping rates anytime
- Services to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada
- 30+ years of transportation experience working for you!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- Veteran Owned and Veteran Founded
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
About Our Expedited Service
Urgent delivery? You can find the fastest freight carrier to move your shipment through FreightCenter. We understand how a timely delivery or timely shipment can impact your supply chain.
We bring a lot to the table regarding expedited freight services. We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. Our history, competitive less-than-load pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
We take care of your expedited shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. Customers who select FreightCenter to handle their expedited shipment trust us to do the job. Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do.
When To Use Expedited Freight Services?
Expedited freight shipping is for the fast delivery of time-sensitive freight. The expedited shipping process highlights efficiency and eliminates wasted time. Many e-commerce businesses have started offering delivery in as little as two days. Executing these quick deliveries involves adjusting routes and modes of transportation to cut down on transit time.
Often expedited freight delivers a shipment to its final destination without extra stops. For example, a shipper that typically uses less-than-truckload (LTL) freight may need to use a faster method, such as full truckload (FTL).
Standard vs. Expedited Freight
One of the most significant differences between standard and expedited freight shipping is transit times. Freight trucks moving expedited shipments often have fewer stops and are often more of a direct service.
Truckers may make fewer to no stops with expedited shipments from pick up to delivery. Expedited shipping companies may also use a special freight cab that has two drivers to a truck. Having team drivers is called a sleeper team. The drivers take turns driving with a special freight cab while the others sleep. This rotating eliminates the need to stop and rest.
- Expedited Freight Trailer Types
- Full Truckloads – Enclosed and Flatbed Type Trailers
- Partial Truckloads
- LTL Providers
- Specialty Trailers
- Hot Shot Trucking
Is Shipping Expedited Better?
Getting your shipment to the buyers can be good if you are a business. However, expedited shipping comes at a reasonably high cost. It may only be sustainable for some e-commerce businesses and not practical for the average consumer or business. Before you decide whether to use expedited service or offer your customers expedited loads, we recommend weighing its pros and cons.
5 Benefits of Expedited Freight Shipping
Do you need to ship your load quickly and efficiently to keep your customers happy? Then expedited freight shipping is one of the safest and fastest ways to to get your load from point A to point B. Expedited operates the fastest routes to transport your cargo with no stops. Discover the five benefits of expedited freight shipping below.
- Expect Faster Deliveries: Unlike standard freight shipping, expedited shipping transports your products as fast as possible to their destinations. Since expedited shipping transports your cargo quickly, you can expect faster customer deliveries. If you notice that your shipment takes a long time to ship, it’s time to consider expedited freight delivery services.
- Protect Valuable Freight: The second of the five benefits of expedited freight shipping is that you can protect valuable cargo. Since expedited shipping generally does not make any stops and transports your cargo quickly, it reduces the risk of theft; when your freight travels slowly and makes multiple stops, the risk of theft increases.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction: To boost your profits, you need to increase your customer satisfaction ratings. One of the best ways to boost customer satisfaction ratings is to offer fast and efficient shipping options, such as expedited shipping. It also incentivizes potential customers to purchase from your business instead of others since they will receive their items without delay.
- Reduce the Risk of Cargo Damage and Loss: Since your cargo will only make a few stops with expedited shipping, it reduces the risk of cargo damage. In addition, this shipping service minimizes the risk of cargo loss.
- Lower Packaging Costs: You can also lower your packaging costs with expedited shipping. Because expedited shipping reduces the risk of cargo damage, you can reduce your use of packaging materials. This will lower your packaging costs and help your business save money.
When using expedited services, finding the best means of transport is vital. It doesn't matter if you have a single pallet or if you are shipping a full truckload; expedited shipping has few boundaries. From ground transport to air shipping, whatever will streamline the shipping process. Below are a few examples of expedited shipping services by equipment type.
A cargo van is traditionally the smallest and lowest-cost option when expediting freight.
The sprinter van is similar to the cargo van but bigger. It can hold up to 15 feet and up to 3500 pounds.
The box truck can range between 22 and 26 feet and carry up to 9,000lbs
Drays vans get up to 53ft and can hold as much as 45,000 lbs in a standard trailer.
Flatbeds are similar to Drys vans, up to 53ft long. Flatbeds can hold as much as 48,000 lbs in a standard trailer.
Air cargo is used for goods shipped by air, usually by an air cargo service. However, it can also be sent as checked luggage on a passenger airline.
There are two types of air cargo – general and special load.
A form of Air Freight. Air charter service is the perfect option when you have critical freight that meets tight delivery windows.
Expedited Freight In E-commerce
Now you have the answer; it’s time to consider whether it’s worth it for your e-commerce business.
Here are some key expedited delivery statistics in e-commerce.
- 25% of online consumers will abandon their shopping due to extended delivery times.
- 51% of online purchases offer free delivery options.
- 30% do so because of the next-day delivery. Example ( Amazon Prime)
- Around 50% of shoppers are willing to pay more money to get faster delivery. Most of the time, when. The consumer is willing to pay more, and they want next-day delivery.
These numbers show that while there is an apparent demand for fast shipping from online shoppers, many are lured in by free delivery options. So while expedited shipping should undoubtedly feature in your shipping strategy, other options exist.
You can also cushion the financial impact it has on your business by offering it to orders that hit a minimum spend (ideally more significant than your average order value). Furthermore, with more and more consumers willing to pay extra for faster deliveries, you can also consider passing down at least some of the added cost of expedited shipping to your buyers.
Expedited shipping: summary
Expedited shipping is a different mode of freight delivery to ensure a shipment will arrive at the heir destination faster than standard shipping. Its faster-than-usual speeds and clear intent characterize it.
While expedited shipping’s speed and guarantee are attractive perks, they are expensive. They may only make monetary sense for some e-commerce businesses.
However, there are ways to lower the cost of expedited shipping. By only offering it to orders that hit a minimum spend or passing some or all of the added cost on to your buyers, you can ensure it only eats a little into.
Your Guide to Expedited Shipping
FreightCenter is dedicated to matching you with the best-expedited shipping carrier to meet your needs, budget, and time constraints. For the best rates and information, call 800.716.7608 to speak with a FreightCenter shipping expert, who will help you determine the best way to ship your item.
About Expedited Shipping
Expedited shipping is a service for parcel or freight shipments that need to travel faster than usual. In other words, it’s ideal for loads that need to arrive at their destinations by a specific date or time. Carriers prioritize expedited shipments over standard shipments, meaning there are fewer stops and delays during shipping. There are many benefits to expedited shipping, including:
- Shipping speed
- Less handling
- Real-time delivery updates
- Additional security of your goods
Before shipping your item, you must determine whether it sends via parcel or freight services. The item’s size determines this. Don’t have time to figure out the details? Your FreightCenter shipping expert can help you decide whether or not it will go by freight or parcel. Call 800.716.7608 to speak directly with a representative.
How Does Size Affect My Cost?
Any shipment can be expedited when needed, regardless of its size. Whether or not an item ships as a parcel or freight depends upon the carrier’s specific limitations. Answer these questions to determine whether your item will ship via parcel or freight:
- Does your shipment weigh more than 150 pounds?
- Is your shipment more than 108 inches in length?
Is your shipment more than 165 inches in length and Girth* combined?
To calculate Girth:
- Multiply: package width x 2
- Multiply: package height x 2
- Add: Numbers from Steps 1 and 2 = Girth
- Now, add your length + Girth to see if the total is under 165 inches
Parcels are small, lightweight shipments that fit on a standard USPS truck.
These come with no weight or size limitations, unlike parcel shipments. Freight shipping is designed to ship any large item.
Is Expedited Shipping Worth the Extra Cost?
Choose expedited shipping if you need an item delivered within a specific timeframe. While expedited shipping is more costly than regular transit, there are times when it is the best option. Here are some examples of when expedited shipping is the best option:
- Emergency medical tools and supplies
- Retailer inventory replenishment from a manufacturer
- Parts to fix a machinery breakdown
- Any time you need a fast delivery
- How Long Does it Take?
- Expedited shipping deliveries can be delivered from the same day to as long as three days from departure. The specific timeframes vary based on each shipping carrier’s policies and requirements.
Expedited Shipping FAQs
Q. What is expedited shipping?
A. Expedited shipping refers to a shipping service that prioritizes the fast delivery of goods. It is designed to meet urgent delivery requirements when standard shipping methods are not fast enough. Expedited shipping typically involves speedier transit times, dedicated or priority handling, and specialized services to ensure prompt delivery.
Q. How does expedited shipping differ from standard shipping?
A. Expedited shipping differs from standard shipping in terms of speed and priority. While standard shipping follows regular transit schedules and may have longer delivery times, expedited shipping expedites the transportation process to ensure faster delivery. Expedited shipping services often involve dedicated or expedited transportation options, priority handling at facilities, and quicker processing through customs.
Q. What are the benefits of using expedited shipping?
A. The benefits of using expedited shipping include:
Faster delivery: Expedited shipping allows quicker delivery than standard shipping methods, making it ideal for time-sensitive shipments.
Priority handling: Expedited shipping services often provide priority handling at various stages of the shipping process, reducing transit time and the risk of delays.
Reliability: Expedited shipping services are designed to meet strict delivery deadlines, offering higher reliability and dependability.
Enhanced tracking: Expedited shipping usually includes advanced tracking capabilities, allowing you to monitor the progress of your shipment in real time.
Customer satisfaction: Expedited shipping helps customers receive their goods promptly, enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Q. How is the cost of expedited shipping determined?
A. Several factors, including the shipment’s weight, dimensions, destination, and desired delivery timeframe, determine the cost of expedited shipping. Expedited shipping often requires dedicated transportation resources, priority handling, and additional efforts to meet the faster delivery requirements, which can result in higher shipping costs than standard shipping. Obtaining quotes from shipping providers or freight forwarders is recommended to understand the specific cost implications for your expedited shipping needs.
Q. Can I use expedited shipping for international shipments?
A. Yes, expedited shipping is available for international shipments as well. However, the availability and speed of expedited international shipping may vary depending on the destination country and customs procedures. Expedited international shipping may involve expedited customs clearance processes, priority handling at customs facilities, and dedicated or faster international transportation options. It’s advisable to work with shipping providers experienced in international expedited shipping to navigate the complexities of global logistics and ensure timely delivery.
Q. How do I request expedited shipping for my shipment?
A. To request expedited shipping for your shipment, you can contact shipping providers, freight forwarders, or logistics companies and inform them about your urgent delivery requirements. They will guide you through the process, assess the feasibility of expedited shipping based on your shipment details, and provide options and associated costs. It’s vital to provide accurate and detailed information about your shipment to ensure proper planning and execution of the expedited shipping service.
Q. Is insurance included in expedited shipping services?
A. Insurance coverage may or may not be included in expedited shipping services. It depends on the shipping provider or carrier you choose. It’s recommended to inquire about insurance coverage options and ensure your shipment is adequately protected during transit. If insurance is not automatically included, you can discuss additional insurance options with the shipping provider to safeguard your goods against loss, damage, or theft during expedited shipping.
Q. Can I track my expedited shipment?
A. Yes, most expedited shipping services offer advanced tracking capabilities. You will typically receive a tracking number or waybill number that allows you to monitor the progress of your shipment in real time. Tracking information may include the current location of the shipment, estimated delivery time, and any updates or status changes. The ability to track your expedited shipment provides visibility and lets you stay informed about its progress and estimated arrival time.
Q. What happens if there are delays in expedited shipping?
A. Although expedited shipping aims to meet strict delivery deadlines, unforeseen circumstances or external factors may occasionally cause delays. In such cases, it’s essential to stay in communication with the shipping provider or freight forwarder to receive updates on the status of your shipment. They will work to resolve any issues and provide alternative solutions to minimize the impact of delays. Maintaining clear communication and proactively addressing concerns can help manage expectations and ensure a satisfactory resolution.
Q. Are there any restrictions on the type of goods that can be shipped via expedited shipping?
A. Expedited shipping generally allows for transporting various types of goods, including general cargo, perishable items, and even hazardous materials, depending on the shipping provider’s capabilities and regulatory restrictions. However, certain goods may have specific requirements or regulations due to safety, security, or legal reasons. It’s essential to verify with the shipping provider or freight forwarder whether there are any limitations or special considerations for shipping your specific type of goods via expedited shipping.