Consolidated freight services are included in every freight quote you get online with FreightCenter. Book online or by phone today and save up to 85%.
What Is Consolidated Freight?
Outside of using highly specialized carriers, there is another option that can provide more opportunity for bottom-line savings and increased efficiency: consolidated shipping. Consolidating freight, or ‘partial shipments‘ services, involves combining multiple LTL (less-than-truckload) freight or LCL (less-than-container load) shipments into a partial or full truckload or cargo container shipment.
Partial shipments are average in supply chains. Consolidating freight helps optimize supply chain logistics, saves time, and lowers overall unit costs. This happens when you fill one container or truck with loads from multiple shippers. Consolidated freight can be shipped via road, rail, air, or ocean. You can avoid higher costs by combining your internationally-bound freight with other shipments.
Why Choose FreightCenter For Your Shipping Needs?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Less-Than-Truckload Services (LTL)?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to less-than-truckload services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of less-than-truckload freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their less-than-truckload freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
Benefits of Consolidating Freight
- Save Money: Shippers often only use a fraction of the space on a trailer. But they have to pay for the whole thing. Consolidation services combine shipments going to similar locations into one truck. You only have to pay for the space your freight takes up.
- Reduce Risk of Damage: Consolidation is a way to quickly deliver your freight without being unloaded and loaded multiple times. This is done by transporting the freight from the shipper to the consolidation center to the receiver/consignee. This reduces the chances of your freight being damaged.
- Direct: Consolidation is a way to deliver your freight quickly and directly. You will need a shipping company with a lot of freight. They can develop a plan that sends your freight on one truck, so it can use the truck space more efficiently and reach its destination faster.
Challenges of Consolidated Shipping
- Finding Carriers: Not all carriers participate in consolidated shipping because of the added complexity. Therefore, you’ll probably need a 3rd party logistics provider (3PL) to work on it.
- Planning: Shipping is a complicated endeavor that requires you to be aware of pricing methods, dimensions (check out our density calculator), timing, and other variables to execute a successful delivery. Consolidated shipments require more organization and planning than FCL or FTL shipments.
- More Time: Consolidated shipments can take longer than FCL shipments because more steps are involved in the process. As a shipper, you must be aware of this and plan accordingly.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.