Driver Shortages Are on the Rise
Unemployment levels are flirting with all-time lows, and this has affected the trucking industry as driver shortages are on the rise.
Wages are going up, business confidence is high, and it seems like everything in the job market is flowing well!
But there’s one job in particular that’s feeling the threat of obscurity. According to the American Trucking Association (ATA), there is a decline in the number of truck drivers in the United States. The ATA estimates the industry as a whole is short, anywhere between fifty thousand and sixty thousand drivers for companies to meet optimal performance. And with the current generation of drivers set to retire soon, this could spell trouble for the shipping industry.
What’s caused the lack of interest in this all-American industry we’ve relied on for so long? And how will it impact your supply chain and how you ship? Truck drivers are leaving the industry due to low pay and lack of work-life balance, to name a couple.
Without resources to transport goods, businesses stand to suffer significant losses and delays in their product delivery processes. To address this urgent situation, industry leaders must work together and devise comprehensive solutions that provide reliable supply chain services for customers.
3PLs Have the Solutions to Driver Shortages
It can be tough to find the right carrier on the right lane for the best rate if you’re shipping without a third-party partnership. 3PLs use the latest technology to help discover hidden capacity. For example, booking a shipment on a backhaul lane is cheaper, and carriers are looking for loads to avoid empty trucks on return trips.
You can leverage a 3PL’s resources to work for you. 3PLs have access to discounted rates saving you money as well as time by fulfilling the capacity requirements of your shipment. They work on behalf of small- and mid-sized businesses to unlock all kinds of hidden options, even in a slim-capacity market.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- Veteran Owned and Veteran Founded
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
Discover Your Shipping Potential
Freight spend management, expert service, and solutions tailored to fit your unique needs are just a few of the benefits of partnering with a 3PL. Don’t let the market dictate how you are going to ship.
FreightCenter can analyze your shipping processes and help you discover where you could be saving money and operating more efficiently.