WHAT ARE FAST FREIGHT SERVICES?
Fast freight services are a variety of services for which speedy delivery is a high priority. Any and all of the following could be considered fast freight services.
- Courier services that move cargo on a same-day basis within a limited service area. For many courier services, medical lab specimen and results are their primary cargo. Technically, these are parcels, not freight, but they are fast.
- Expedited freight services are offered by some freight carriers. Pay a little more and have your freight delivered sooner. Providing expedited freight services over a long haul has become problematic with the introduction of ELDs (Electronic Logging Devices) that effectively limit how fast a driver can drive and for how long each day.
- Air freight is a fast freight service that enables next day delivery even when the destination is thousands of miles away.
- Choosing timely delivery over cost savings. When you run a free freight rate quote on FreightCenter, you are given multiple carrier options that include the cost of moving the freight as well as the estimated time the freight will be in transit. There could be quite a difference in cost between a twp-day haul and a six-day haul. If you need fast freight, paying that difference might be worthwhile.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST CARRIER FOR YOUR FREIGHT SHIPMENT
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. We enable you to compare multiple carriers' rates and expected transit times in a matter of seconds. Then, you choose which carrier you want to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest.
Your first step is to get an instant, online freight shipping quote.
LOOK UP MORE FREIGHT TERMS
- Enter the dimensions, weight, relevant zip codes and freight class (if you know it) into the quote form.
- You'll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you'll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double check that all information is correct.