Guide to Freight Packaging
Packaging your freight makes or breaks (literally!) your supply chain. Taking the necessary precautions to protect your precious cargo during transit is the most important step in the shipping process.
Helpful Guide to Freight Packaging
Freight packaging is an essential aspect of shipping goods around the world. It helps to ensure that items arrive safely and securely at their destination. There are several elements to consider while preparing to package freight;
- Packing material– selecting appropriate materials for the packaging is essential. This includes choosing the right box type and cushioning and wrapping materials to protect the item being shipped. It’s also advisable to use strong tape or straps to seal the box to keep it secure during transit.
- Shipping labels– it’s essential to label the package correctly. A clear address label should be attached firmly to the box, along with other necessary instructions, such as “Fragile” or “This Way Up.” Additionally, a detailed product description should also be included on the shipping label to help in tracking and identification at the destination.
- Shipping method– it’s crucial to ensure that the package is appropriate for the practice of transportation. If the compacity is too large or too heavy, it may be rejected by the carrier and could lead to damages or lost items.
- Consider insurance– consider insurance for your shipment. Packaging is the best Insurance; however, depending on the value of the goods shipped, it may be wise to purchase additional insurance coverage. This will help ensure that you are adequately protected in case of loss or damage during transit.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- Veteran Owned and Veteran Founded
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
By following the tips outlined above, FreightCenter customers can be confident that their packages are packaged and shipped safely and securely. For more information about freight packaging, contact FreightCenter for assistance or get a free online quote today!