Third-Party Logistics Provider
A third-party logistics provider (3PL) like FreightCenter cuts supply chain complexity and costs. Outsourcing freight shipping saves companies money.
What Is a Third-Party Logistics Provider?
It is typical for USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc., to come to mind when thinking of shipping and handling services, especially when using these services for completing personal shipments. Unless you are a large company that frequently ships worldwide, you might not be familiar with the term “Third Party Logistics.” A third-party logistics provider is a business that provides other companies and businesses with more efficient and cost-effective supply chain and logistics processes. Third-party logistics providers simplify and reduce freight shipping costs for companies that do not have minimum-volume contracts with freight carriers. Running a business is challenging enough, so it is no wonder why so many partners with 3PLs, like FreightCenter, help manage their logistics operations.
Why Choose FreightCenter for Third-Party Logistics?
- Shipping quotes anytime
- Get freight shipping quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
- Auto parts shipping specialists
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
FreightCenter 3PL Results
In a nutshell, FreightCenter helps customers by:
- Introducing shippers to carriers that will ship for the customer at a significant discount via our instant quote system.
- Helping the shipper select the carrier that offers the best service and price based on the customer’s needs.
- Identifying and booking accessorial and/or optional freight-shipping services such as a vehicle with lift-gate and white glove service.
- Verifying that the freight class is correct.
- Double-checking all shipment specifics with the customer before booking.
- Reviewing photos of the packaged shipment sent by the customer to help the customer make sure their freight is packaged correctly.
- Generating all necessary paperwork, including the Terms & Conditions, shipping labels, and Bill of Lading.
- Providing customers with info to track their shipment.
- Providing customer support 24/7 and making sure all customer questions are addressed and answered
Numerous types of 3PLs offer a range of third-party logistics services. As a non-asset-based third-party logistics provider, FreightCenter does not own trucks or warehouses. FreightCenter is not interested in favoring one carrier and can connect you with the top freight carriers to fit your needs. As a wholly independent 3PL, we commit to handling your entire shipping and logistics process.
Further Benefits of 3PLs
3PLs coordinate and handle the transportation of your shipment from the point of origin to the destination. This involves arranging the shipment, freight forwarding, and managing transit networks. Working with a 3PL also gives you access to warehousing/distribution options. We can coordinate storage, inventory management, and order fulfillment. FreightCenter even further manages inventory management by tracking, forecasting, and restocking. These additional steps help prevent stockouts, and excess inventory, ensuring stock is constantly replenished and up to standard. A 3PL even manages all aspects of order fulfillment, including taking orders, picking, packing, labeling, and shipping. A 3PL may provide additional services, including reverse logistics, product assembly, customization, and labeling/packaging.
Choosing to partner with a 3PL is an all-around great idea. Instead of trying to do everything, you can focus on what matters and run a more successful operation. Focus is essential in business and logistics. We are all human at the end of the day, meaning it is necessary to delegate tasks wherever possible to ensure business success. Choosing FreightCenter can make all the difference in your logistics and supply chain operations.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.
When you choose to work with us, you are choosing to make your shipping process seamless. Here are just some of the benefits working with our Third Party Logistics company will have on your shipping experience:
- When you partner with FreightCenter, a premier 3PL (Third Party Logistics) company with over twenty-four years of experience within the logistics industry, you are choosing success. Over the decades, our team has dealt with nearly every shipment imaginable. There is no shipment process we cannot help you with!
- FreightCenter employs a knowledgeable staff always willing to learn and grow with industry changes and advancements. We are ready to answer any questions you have throughout the entire process!
- We act as the middleman between you and your carrier; you do not have to worry about playing phone tag with your trucker. Your agent will directly communicate with you and your carrier, delivering any necessary information or updates between you.
- We secure the best transit carrier and route for you at the best price. There is no need to spend hours figuring out the logistics or searching for a worthwhile deal.
- We make it easy to ensure your shipments by guiding you toward the best providers. Whether you need full or partial coverage, we have you covered!
- We arrange the pickups and drop-offs while also making sure to track each shipment in transit. This ensures that you know where your packages are every step of the way!
Now what are you waiting for? FreightCenter is a top 3PL provider with accolades for days and customer reviews and feedback to prove it. These awards above don’t lie; we have consistently provided top-notch customer and logistics/supply chain services over the past twenty-five years. When you partner with us, you can count on your freight agent and an entire team behind them, ready to support you every step of the way.
The shipping process can seem intimidating at first, and it is to be expected that you will have many questions. Our FreightCenter agents are very patient, with all having a genuine concern in ensuring you have a seamless experience shipping with us. While you may have questions, remember that your agent will ask you many questions to best understand your situation, needs, and concerns. You and FreightCenter are a team; we are here to ensure you have the most successful shipment possible! We will walk you through the entire process and provide full transparency and abundant options every step of the way.
Call FreightCenter to set up your account and discuss your shipment. We are ready to answer your questions and provide solutions! Our team looks forward to partnering with you.
Q. What is a third-party logistics company?
A. A third-party logistics company, also known as a 3PL provider, specializes in offering distribution, storage, transport, and fulfillment services to clients. By outsourcing these operations to a 3PL company, clients can benefit from end-to-end management of these services, ensuring efficient and streamlined logistics processes.
Q. What does a 3PL company do?
A. A 3PL company offers logistics services, supporting various aspects, or even all, of shipping operations. These providers integrate into a company’s warehousing and transportation procedures, offering scalable and customized solutions to meet specific needs efficiently.
Q. What are the benefits of using a 3PL?
A. Using a 3PL can offer several benefits, including cost savings, increased efficiency, scalability, access to expertise and technology, improved customer service, and reduced risk and liability. It allows businesses to focus on their core competencies while leaving logistics operations to experts.
Q. How do I choose the right 3PL provider for my business?
A. When selecting a 3PL provider, consider factors such as their industry experience, capabilities, infrastructure, technology solutions, geographic coverage, cost structure, reliability, customer references, and compatibility with your business requirements. Conducting thorough research and seeking recommendations can help you make an informed decision.
Q. What services do 3PL providers typically offer?
A. 3PL providers offer a range of services, including transportation management, warehousing and storage, inventory management, order fulfillment, freight forwarding, customs brokerage, packaging, reverse logistics, and value-added services such as kitting and assembly. The specific services offered may vary between providers, so it’s important to assess their offerings based on your business needs.
Q. What industries can benefit from using a 3PL?
A. 3PL services are utilized by various industries, including retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, automotive, technology, and consumer goods. Any business requiring efficient and cost-effective supply chain and logistics management can benefit from partnering with a 3PL provider.
Q. How does using a 3PL impact my business’s logistics costs?
A. The impact on logistics costs when using a 3PL depends on several factors, such as the services required, volume of shipments, distance, complexity of operations, and the 3PL provider’s pricing structure. Outsourcing logistics to a 3PL can lead to cost savings through economies of scale, improved efficiency, reduced overhead expenses, and optimized transportation and warehousing processes. However, evaluating the cost-benefit analysis specific to your business is important to determine the potential savings.
Q. What is 3PL and 4PL in logistics?
A. 3PL (third-party logistics) providers handle fulfillment, including warehousing and shipping, while 4PL (fourth-party logistics) providers manage the customer’s 3PL and other supply chain aspects. These logistics solutions streamline operations and optimize supply chain efficiency.