Moving Company vs LTL Freight?
If you are moving a few large items, LTL freight shipping might be a better choice than a moving company to transport your furniture.
The Difference Between Moving and Freight Companies
Maybe you’re moving your whole house across the country. Or, you need to move a few pieces of furniture. Either way, you must decide whether to use Moving Company vs. LTL Freight. Find one that offers LTL freight shipping services.
Deciding which route to take depends on how many pieces of furniture you plan to ship. It also depends on the services you’ll need to get them to their destination.
Why Choose Us?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of refrigerated freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
The Difference Between Moving Company vs. LTL Freight?
LTL Freight Company
Freight companies, or carriers, are usually used for transporting commercial goods. In some cases, freight services are perfect for shipping household goods like furniture.
LTL shipping involves loading and unloading shipments from multiple locations before they’re delivered to their final destination. That’s why freight carriers need you to package and palletize your furniture. It keeps it safe during transit and loading/unloading.
Not all freight companies offer white glove services. Some of them don’t even provide residential shipping services. The ones that do will most likely charge more than moving companies, depending on how many pieces you are moving.
Household moving companies usually specialize in significant moves. Most often, their customers are people moving homes or relocating offices. These companies offer dedicated trucks, inside pickup and delivery, packaging, and assembly services to meet specific needs. We call these services “white glove” in the freight world.
There’s one huge difference between moving and freight companies. Moving companies will not require you to package and palletize your freight. Freight companies will.
In most cases, a moving company is a right choice if you move more than a few pieces of furniture. Knowing the difference helps you make the right decision.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads, competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.