Freight and Partial Truckload Shipping
Partial truckload shipping services are a blend of LTL and FTL shipping. Less than truckload (LTL) shipping is great for shipping a pallet or two. This method will use many different trucks and distribution hubs to handle the partial truckload shipping service. It is not uncommon for mainstream shipping services to handle a shipment three or more times, therefore using partial truckload shipping services can be a great option. A shipment can save you a lot of money. Shipping will generally have longer delivery times. This is depending on carrier availability and truck space. Full truckload (FTL) shipping uses an entire trailer space for transporting. This method offers direct routes and will handle the load only once. FTL usually has faster transit times and reduces the risks of handling damages. This method of shipping often costs more than other alternatives. 800.716.7608
Faster Delivery for a Lower Price
Partial Truckload (PTL) shipping handles shipments between 5 and 20 pallets. Weight limits on Partial truckload shipments are between eight thousand to twenty seventy thousand range. This type of shipping will compete with LTL rates while giving the delivery times of FTL services. The benefits of Partial shipping offer fewer stops, less handling, and cargo insurance options.
- Partial truckload services do not need freight class classifications.
- Partial truckloads do have some limitations as well.
- Freight shipping moves most shipments through trade routes. If you are within these routes your service times will be fast for pickup and delivery. Services outside these lanes may add extra days to schedule a pickup of your PTL shipment.
- Heavy products on a few pallets don’t often qualify for partial truckload services.
FreightCenter offers reliable, on-time, cost-effective partial truckload shipping services. Shipping partial truckload volumes can be expensive if you are paying for a full container or trailer, to ship your smaller freight. LGI’s logistics services provide coordination and scheduling of LTL freight to combine shipments from different companies to create a full truckload. This lowers shipping costs for all companies utilizing the LTL service.
As an experienced Partial Truckload Shipping broker, we have a broad network of carriers that provides us with flexibility and the resources to be able to coordinate partial truckload shipments throughout North America, so that we can arrange shipment to your destination, saving you freight costs and allowing you greater visibility of your transportation spend.
Through our network of over 11,000 carriers, we can provide you with access to the type of LTL trucking setup you need to transport your freight, including vans, flatbeds, step decks & double drops. The carriers in our network are qualified professionals and maintain the highest DOT safety ratings, substantial liability and cargo insurance, industry certifications, and international documentation.
Experienced Partial Truckload Shipping
Our experienced staff will manage all the variables needed to ensure a smooth shipping and safe arrival of your less-than-truckload cargo, including coordinating pick-up and delivery, customs management, and permits. We believe that planning is the key to a successful transport of cargo, and have earned the reputation for meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations. 800.716.7608
Advantages of arranging a partial
- Complete logistic management of your shipment
- Door-to-door delivery and cross-border logistics for shipping throughout North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada)
- Expedited transport of emergency supplies & mission-critical equipment
- Guaranteed service quality at competitive rates
- GPS tracking & real-time location updates
- Comprehensive insurance for high-value loads
- Door-to-door delivery and cross-border logistics for shipping throughout the USA and Canada
We serve a range of industries, including oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation, mining, construction, and manufacturing. Our commitment to excellence, supported by our staff and extensive network, will ensure that your specialty or standard cargo will reach its destination safely and on time. 800.716.7608