Shipping Plastics and Plastic Products
Are you interested in shipping plastics efficiently? We cover everything you need to know, from proper packaging and labeling to temperature control and international regulations. You'll also discover how FreightCenter excels in shipping plastics with its customized solutions, competitive pricing, and reliable service.
Plastics and plastic products are everywhere today, finding applications in a wide range of industries such as packaging, automotive, electronics, construction, and more. Efficiently shipping plastics and plastic products requires careful consideration of the type of plastics, industry requirements, and cost factors. Read on to help you navigate the process of shipping plastics effectively.
How to Ship Plastics and Plastic Products
- Packaging: Proper packaging is essential to protect plastic products during transit. Use suitable containers, boxes, or pallets that provide adequate cushioning and ensure the products are tightly secured to prevent shifting.
- Labeling and Documentation: Clearly label packages with essential information such as product type, quantity, and handling instructions. If required, prepare all necessary shipping documentation, including invoices, customs forms, and safety data sheets (SDS).
- Temperature Control: Some plastics are sensitive to extreme temperatures. If shipping temperature-sensitive plastics, consider using insulated containers or temperature-controlled shipping options to prevent heat or cold damage.
- Moisture Protection: Moisture can affect the properties of certain plastics. Use moisture-resistant packaging or desiccants to protect plastic products from humidity during transportation.
- Handling and Stacking: Instruct shipping personnel on the appropriate handling and stacking methods for plastic products. Avoid stacking heavy items on delicate or brittle plastics to prevent breakage.
- International Regulations: If shipping plastics internationally, be aware of any country-specific regulations governing the import and transport of plastics and plastic products. Ensure compliance with customs requirements and any applicable packaging or labeling standards.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter for Shipping Plastics and Plastic Products?
At FreightCenter, we understand the importance of reliable transportation of plastics and plastic products. That’s why we offer customized shipping solutions tailored to meet your specific needs. With our extensive network of carriers, you can rest assured that your shipment will be delivered on time and in perfect condition.
We also offer competitive pricing and personalized customer service to ensure that you receive the best value for your money. Whether you need to ship large or small quantities of plastics and plastic products, FreightCenter is your go-to shipping partner. Trust us to handle your shipment with care and expertise.
There are various types of plastics, each with distinct characteristics and considerations for shipping.
Common plastic types include:
- Polyethylene (PE),
- Polypropylene (PP),
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
These plastics vary in durability, flexibility, and resistance to temperature and moisture.
Industries that Use Plastic
Plastic and plastic products are integral in numerous industries. Here are some prominent sectors that heavily rely on plastics:
- Packaging Industry: Plastics are extensively used in packaging materials such as bottles, containers, films, and bags due to their lightweight, durability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Automotive Industry: Plastics are crucial components in vehicle manufacturing, including interior trim, dashboards, bumpers, and fuel tanks, contributing to weight reduction and fuel efficiency.
- Electronics Industry: Plastics are utilized in electronic devices for housing, insulation, and connectors, owing to their electrical insulating properties and ease of customization.
- Construction Industry: Plastic pipes, fittings, insulation materials, vinyl flooring, and roofing membranes are widely employed in the construction sector due to their corrosion resistance and cost-effectiveness.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
LTL shipping involves combining multiple small shipments from different customers onto one truck, allowing each customer to share the shipment cost. Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
Truckload shipping, also known as full truckload (FTL), is a transportation option for freight that requires the entire trucks trailer space. Unlike LTL shipping, FTL shipping is reserved for larger commodities that exceed LTL weight and size limits, typically weighing more than 20,000 pounds or having dimensions that exceed 12 feet in length, 8 feet in width, and 8 feet in height. We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload. Expedited shipping is a transportation option that prioritizes the speed of delivery for freight that needs to be shipped quickly. This can be especially important for urgent situations, such as engine repairs or replacements for critical machinery.
Specialized is a transportation option for items that require specialized handling, equipment, or shipping conditions. Specialized shipments may include high-value cargo, oversized cargo, or cargo that require temperature-controlled transportation. The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.