How to Make Shipping a Transmission Easy and Affordable
Whether you’re buying or selling transmissions, FreightCenter makes shipping a transmission easy and affordable for you. Follow the suggestions on this page and you’ll see how.
Freight shipping transmissions is usually done via LTL (less-than-truckload) hauls. But if you are shipping a lot of transmissions you may need a full truckload. Whichever type of shipping you need, FreightCenter can handle it for you.
How Do You Select a Carrier for Shipping Transmissions if You Need a Full Truckload?
If you are shipping transmissions in dimensions and quantities that call for full truckload service, FreightCenter’s Truckload division is available to find the right carrier for your shipment. We maintain relationships with hundreds of regional and national freight trucking companies throughout the country who check with us for available hauls. We excel at finding and booking specialty vehicles. If you need a specialty vehicle like a flatbed, RGN or step deck for your transmission shipping, we’re here to help , Call our Truckload shipping experts at 800.716.7608
to learn more or use our free online quote tool
to get started right away.
How Do You Prepare a Transmission Load for Ltl Shipping?
You save money with LTL (less-than-truckload) shipping because your shipment shares the truck with loads from other shippers. It’s important that your cargo be packaged so it will not be damaged in transit and will not present a danger to other shipments on the truck.
When shipping a transmission on a pallet, follow these 11 steps:
- Drain the oil.
- Remove any parts that are easy to damage, such as the side shift console and speedometer angle drive.
- Package easy-to-damage parts in a small box.
- Remove all excess oil and grease from the unit.
- Build or purchase a small pallet.
- Stand the transmission on the bell housing in the middle on the pallet to avoid any weight on the input shaft.
- Secure the transmission to the pallet with bands.
- Use double-wall cardboard or a shipping blanket to wrap the exterior of that transmission.
- Use shrink wrap to secure the entire unit and keep any potential mess from leaking.
- Measure the height width and depth of your shipment.
- Get an accurate weight of the total shipment )including packaging).
For optimal protection, secure the transmission in a crate. You can build your own crate
or purchase one from a crating service
What Is the Nmfc (Freight Class) for Shipping Transmissions?
Transmissions ship at Class 85.
The freight class will come in handy when you complete the free online quote form
. The lower the freight class, the lower the freight shipping cost.
For any other items you’re shipping use our Freight Class Lookup table
How to Compare the Costs of Shipping a Transmission From Trusted Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. We enable you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in a matter of seconds. Then, you choose which carrier you want to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest.
Your first step is to get an instant, online freight shipping quote
- Enter the dimensions, weight, relevant zip codes and freight class (if you know it) into the quote form.
- You’ll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you’ll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double check that all information is correct.
What if You Need Help?
FreightCenter is a leader in customer satisfaction because we back up our technology with the able assistance of real live shipping experts who are here to help you. Need help booking your Ttransmission shipment? Have questions about packaging? Have questions or concerns after you’ve booked your shipment? Our freight experts are available to answer your questions. Save time, save money, and enjoy peace of mind. Get your free quote now
or give us a call at 800.716.7608