Limited Access Pickup & Deliver
Trucks do not have clear access to the exact pickup or delivery spots at schools, airports, or other restricted areas. FreightCenter provides limited access pickup & delivery services to these locations
Although many shippers often don’t know about some restricted locations, be knowledgeable about the limitations on limited access. While limited access areas are sometimes situated in remote areas, drivers have to follow back routes that extend the expected delivery time. Also in commercial areas, if a trucker cannot pull up to a loading dock and load and unload within 20 minutes, the location is considered limited access.
What Is A Limited Access Location?
A limited access location is any destination that restricts trucks from entering an area. In other words, this means the driver will require more time and work to load, unload, and deliver the shipment. You should alert the driver ahead of time if they’ll be dealing with a restricted location. Otherwise, you could experience added delays, extra costs, reroutes, or even redelivery.
This includes a handful of locations. To sum up a few for you:
- A location that is not open to the general public during regular business hours.
- Where shippers are not available to assist with the pickup or delivery.
- No access to the loading dock.
- Requires a smaller truck for pickup or delivery.
- Sites that have a gate or guard.
- A remote location or takes the driver far off their normal route.
- The area is too small to fit a full-sized truck.
- A crowded location that takes longer to service.
Although this list may not include all locations that the carriers consider limited access. Additionally, some locations are deemed limited access by the driver at the time they are on-site.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Limited Access Pickup & Delivery Services?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to refrigerated freight shipping services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of refrigerated freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their refrigerated freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
Examples Of Limited Access Pickup & Delivery Locations
While locations that have not been specified as such at the booking of the shipment may be written as limited access by the driver. As a result, you will get a billing adjustment. To avoid the adjustment after the fact, select the limited access accessorial charge when booking the shipment.
Pickups or deliveries at one of the following types of locations are limited access:
- Airport Property
- Rural / Residential areas
- Camps / Carnivals / Casinos
- Cemeteries / Places of Worship
- Construction Sites
- Court Houses
- Educational Institutions
- Farms / Estates
- Flea Markets
- Firehouses / Police Departments
- Country Clubs
- Government Facilities
- Storage Units
- Military Bases
- Movie Theaters / Museums
- National Reservations
- Railroad Yards
- Nursing Home
- Shopping Malls
- Waste / Water Treatment Plants
Do You Need Addons For Your Shipment?
While selecting a carrier, rates and company options will change if you are in a restricted area. Extra charges can show up on billing since add-on services for the shipment come into play. Many carriers don’t offer extra services like liftgates inside restricted areas.
A liftgate is system truckers use to safely load and unload freight on or off of the truck. The base of it looks like a small deck at the back end of a trailer. They can be hydraulic or electric and work with the push of a button reaching from deck height to the ground. Although this service may not always be required for limited access deliveries or pickups. Using a liftgate eliminates the need for a pull-out ramp which takes up more space in the already tight space. It is important to let the shipping company know if you require special services since not every truck has extra features.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.