Shipping to Puerto Rico
FreightCenter simplifies shipping to Puerto Rico with comprehensive services. Choose from various shipping options and rely on our expertise and competitive rates.
At FreightCenter, we understand that shipping to Puerto Rico can seem daunting. However, with our comprehensive freight services, it doesn’t have to be. As the leading freight shipping company in the industry, we have the expertise and experience necessary to ensure your shipment arrives safely and on time.
Puerto Rico, an unincorporated territory of the United States, is a popular destination for commercial and personal shipments. Due to its geographic location in the Caribbean, shipping to Puerto Rico can be more complex than shipping within the contiguous United States. However, at FreightCenter, we have the knowledge and resources to navigate these challenges easily.
Shipping Options to Puerto Rico
At FreightCenter, we offer a range of shipping options to Puerto Rico to meet your needs. Our services include:
- LTL (Less-than-Truckload) Shipping: LTL shipping is the most cost-effective option for shipments weighing between 150 and 15,000 pounds. This option allows you to share space in a truck with other shippers, reducing the cost of shipping.
- Truckload Shipping: If you have a larger shipment weighing over 15,000 pounds, truckload shipping may be the best option. This option provides the entire truck, ensuring your shipment arrives quickly and safely.
- Air Freight Shipping: Air freight shipping is the best option for time-sensitive shipments. We work with all major airlines to provide Puerto Rico with fast and reliable air freight services.
- Ocean Freight Shipping: Ocean freight shipping is the most cost-effective option for large shipments that are not time-sensitive. We offer both Full Container Load (FCL) and Less-than-Container Load (LCL) possibilities to meet your needs.
FreightCenter is Trusted By
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter?
There are many reasons to choose FreightCenter for your shipping needs to Puerto Rico:
- Expertise: We have the expertise and experience necessary to ensure your shipment arrives safely and on time.
- Convenience: We offer a range of shipping options and delivery methods to meet your specific needs.
- Cost-Effective: We work with a network of carriers to provide you with the most cost-effective shipping options.
- Customs Expertise: Our team of customs experts can help you navigate the complex customs process and ensure your shipment is cleared as quickly as possible.
- Customer Service: Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your shipment.
- Technology: Our advanced shipping technology allows you to track your shipment in real-time and receive updates throughout the shipping process.
Customs and Duties
One of the unique challenges of shipping to Puerto Rico is navigating customs and duties. As a U.S. territory, Puerto Rico has no customs duties on items shipped from Puerto Rico to the United States. However, there is an 11.5 percent sales tax applied on products shipped from the United States to Puerto Rico (For more information: U.S. Customs and Border Protection – San Juan).
What Documentation is Needed for Shipments to Puerto Rico?
- A bill of lading (Required)
- A Commercial Invoice (Required regardless of value)
- A shipper’s export declaration with Electronic Export Information (EEI) – If declared value exceeds $2,500
At FreightCenter, we have a team of customs experts who can help you navigate this complex process. We will work with you to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed correctly and all required fees are paid in a timely manner.
We offer a range of delivery options to Puerto Rico, including:
- Door-to-Door Delivery: This is the most convenient option for most shippers. We will pick up your shipment at the point of origin and deliver it directly to the recipient’s door in Puerto Rico.
- Port-to-Door Delivery: If you are shipping a large or heavy item, port-to-door delivery may be the best option. We will deliver your shipment to the port in Puerto Rico, and the recipient will be responsible for arranging for transportation from the port to their final destination.
- Port-to-Port Delivery: For the most cost-effective option, we offer port-to-port delivery. We will deliver your shipment to the port in Puerto Rico, and the recipient will be responsible for arranging for transportation from the port to their final destination.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
LTL shipping involves combining multiple small shipments from different customers onto one truck, allowing each customer to share the shipment cost. Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.LTL Shipping
Truckload shipping, also known as full truckload (FTL), is a transportation option for freight that requires the entire trucks trailer space. Unlike LTL shipping, FTL shipping is reserved for larger commodities that exceed LTL weight and size limits, typically weighing more than 20,000 pounds or having dimensions that exceed 12 feet in length, 8 feet in width, and 8 feet in height. We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.Truckload Shipping
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload. Expedited shipping is a transportation option that prioritizes the speed of delivery for freight that needs to be shipped quickly. This can be especially important for urgent situations, such as engine repairs or replacements for critical machinery.Expedited Shipping
Specialized is a transportation option for items that require specialized handling, equipment, or shipping conditions. Specialized shipments may include high-value cargo, oversized cargo, or cargo that require temperature-controlled transportation. The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.Specialized Shipping
Shipping to Puerto Rico FAQ
What documents are needed?
A bill of lading and commercial invoice will need to be handed to the driver at the time of pick-up. If the value of an item exceeds $2,500, then a shippers export declaration with electronic export information (EEI) will be required.
What is door-to-door delivery?
We will pick up your shipment at your business or residence and deliver it directly to the recipient’s door in Puerto Rico, whether it’s a business or residential location.
What is port-to-door-delivery?
The shipment is brought to a port (Typically Jacksonville, FL) and then delivered directly to the recipient’s door in Puerto Rico, whether it’s a business or residential location.
What is port-to-port delivery?
The shipment is brought to a port (Most commonly the Port of Jacksonville) and then the freight is held at the destination port for the recipient to pick the freight up or arrange their own transportation to the destination.
What shipping services are offered?
LTL (less-than-truckload shipping for shipments weighing between 150 to 15,000 pounds. Truckload shipping when you need an entire truck/container. Air freight when you need faster transit times. Ocean freight is most cost-effective when you need a full container load (FCL) or less-than-container load (LCL).