Cybersecurity and Freight Shipping
Keeping your supply chain secure with Cybersecurity.
eBay & Other Ecommerce Shipping
We seem to hear almost daily in the news about more and more mass-scale cyberattacks and hacks. Many may not believe it, but cybersecurity and freight shipping go hand in hand. So far this year alone, we’ve seen disruptions in major industries such as the meat and oil supply chains, which has had a big impact on the overall economy and the supply and demand framework. Keeping your supply chain secure when it comes to cybersecurity and freight shipping is becoming a top priority for logistics managers everywhere as our industry moves more into the digital age of freight.
Cybersecurity and Freight Shipping
When you think of freight shipping, you might only think of warehouses with fast-moving forklifts, pallets stacked, and freight trucks being loaded. It may not seem like there is much of a digital process. Still, freight shipping has also moved to a digital process and has become prone to potential cyberattacks and digital disruptions.
Supply chain networks nowadays are run tighter than ever before and rely on software to keep them connected and moving at the appropriate pace. Different departments communicate with each other digitally for a more streamlined, efficient process. But that also comes with the risk of everything falling out of order very fast when something in the digital process is compromised or hacked. The Colonial pipeline hack, for example, caused a great stir in the supply and demand of gas. Similar situations can be found with the JBS hack on the meat supply.
With the current economic conditions, such as limited supply and increasing demand, and the capacity crunch in the freight shipping industry, the risks of cyberattacks happening to capitalize on these conditions and the level of impact they have been increasing substantially. They cause delays, inventory mismanagement, and other costly impacts your business cannot afford.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matt Brosious
- 2020 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executive PRO to Know
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Top 200
- 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2017 &2016 Food Logistics Top Green Providers
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Jobs Added in 2013 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Keeping Your Supply Chain Secure with Cybersecurity
So how do you keep your supply chain secure from cyberattacks yet flexible enough to bounce back effectively and efficiently if a cyberattack happens? Although we’re talking about a digital phenomenon, the key is to have the right people in place at all levels and branches of your supply chain to help keep things in order.
Get IT Help
Having a strong IT team supporting your digital supply chain is crucial. And promoting data protection security measures across all levels of your organization will go a long way in keeping your supply chain secure. Use secure passwords, including some form of authentication measures, to maximize supply chain security. Look into different, yet reputable, virus protection and malware-blocking software to implement into your digital framework.
Have Strong Supplier Relationships
Suppliers are important pieces of the supply chain. Having strong relationships with the right suppliers will help you during a time of potential crisis or just during general operating processes. Economic conditions have made it challenging for many manufacturers and suppliers to find the raw materials they need, and many suppliers are struggling to adapt to the market’s changing tides.
Understand what to expect from your suppliers so your customers can know what to expect from you, and you can better manage your customer’s expectations moving forward to keep them happy with your services.
Partner with a 3PL to Assist with Freight Shipping Needs
Partnering with a third-party logistics company (3PL) like FreightCenter can provide an extra layer of protection. Don’t risk a disruption to your customer experience; give us a shout today and see how we can help you find affordable rates all with an added layer to keep your supply chain functioning securely.
Keep your supply chain secure today by getting a free online shipping quote or call 800.716.7608.