Logistics are key to efficiently building out new construction homes. Whether the properties are single- or multi-family/attached-home communities, effectively transporting materials to the job site is critical to success.
FreightCenter is your go-to resource for delivering new home construction materials to the right place at the right time, including the following types of cargo:
- Structural Materials: Lumber, plywood, SIPs, windows, roofing
- Masonry: concrete block, stone, brick for exterior, walls or walkways
- Natural Stone Slabs: granite, quartz, marble for countertops
- Plumbing and fixtures: sinks, toilets, tubs, pipes
- Appliances: washing machines, dryers, dishwashers
- Landscaping materials: sod, plants, trees, patio, retaining wall, gazebo, pool, screening and water features.
Industrial, medical, CNC and milling machinery are ever more complex and sophisticated, requiring specialized care during transport. From single machine/tool moves to complete machine-shop relocations, count on FreightCenter to broker the logistics best suited for your machine transport needs, including:
- flat and covered transport – securing and protecting your machinery cargo during transport
- loading of machinery – lifting and loading machinery at point of origin
- delivery to site – transporting your machinery to its destination safely and at the best rate
- storage and bonded warehousing – where required, FreightCenter can assist in facilitating this add on service.
With hundreds of vetted carriers servicing local, regional, national and cross border markets, FreightCenter is dedicated to providing freight transportation solutions at excellent rates, with top-notch service.
Due to the size and weight of heavy equipment, special shipping considerations will likely be required. The shipment of tractors, cranes, forklifts, or other large industrial equipment may potentially require a certain carrier that specializes in heavy equipment. Heavy equipment shipping can be a difficult task and it’s essential that you chose a specialized carrier that is familiar and experienced with your hauling needs. FreightCenter can point you in the right direction of choosing a provider that can meet those needs for you.
Explore shipping large equipment
Transporting raw materials for construction demands ingenuity in itself. Since many skyscrapers are built within the framework of an established city, nearby buildings limit the space available for storage and construction—so it’s common for I-beams, for example, to be delivered to worksites at the exact time they’re needed for placement. Such heavy, long and awkward loads require mass coordination, secure rigging and the experience offered through dedicated truckload services.
Explore shipping building materials
Shipping heavy items of this size will prove to be more challenging, but with the help of FreightCenter is it will almost seem effortless. It’s likely that hauling a load of this size and weight will require using a carrier that specializes in large equipment. Lucky for you, FreightCenter works with hundreds of vetted carriers that can provide you with the perfect shipping solution for your needs, no matter the size!
Some Heavy Items We Commonly Ship
LTL or TL?
Depends. How big are we talking? If you’re shipping machinery like an engine, it won’t take up an entire trailer and you’re better off choosing LTL. If you’re shipping something like 3 commercial lawn mowers though, you enter the arena where you may want to consider choosing TL. Any time your freight weighs more than 15,000 pounds or if you are shipping more than 10 pallets worth of goods, it makes sense to ship truckload. Consult with an agent when getting your free, instant freight quote to determine which option is right for you.