As a nation, we use freight shipping to move 18,056 million tons of freight annually, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. Freight shipping is the process of transporting goods, commodities, and cargo by land, air, or sea.
Need to transport a sophisticated CNC machine across the country, ship heavy equipment overseas, or fill an order from your e-commerce store? From one pallet to a full truckload, we're here to help!
FreightCenter was one of the very first companies to offer online quoting. We can offer you the peace of mind and assurance of working with a reputable, knowledgeable, experienced company that has been in business for over 20 years.
When you register with FreightCenter, you can compare real-time rates from many different freight shipping carriers all at once. Then, simply choose the combination of freight shipping services, price, and transit time that meet your needs.
The best part? It's free! When you complete a quote, you get access to all of our free, online freight tools. This includes your personalized online account dashboard with direct access to your shipments, paperwork, tracking and real-time freight rates for quoting and booking future shipments. From your freight's point of origin to its destination, we manage your shipment the entire way.
SELECTING THE BEST SHIPPING METHOD
FOR YOUR FREIGHT
While FreightCenter can help you ship freight via a variety of modes, from air freight to international shipping - cargo is most often transported via ground freight. The two most common ground freight shipping methods are less than truckload (LTL) and truckload (TL). Did you know trucks transport 70 percent of domestic freight tonnage?
That’s 10.49 billion tons of freight!
HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT LTL
FREIGHT SHIPPING SERVICES
As the name suggests, LTL shipping is for freight shipments that do not require an entire truck. Get my LTL freight rates
WE OFFER THE CARE NEEDED FOR YOUR
FreightCenter is one of the only third-party logistics (3PL) companies to offer real-time, instant less-than-truckload (LTL) freight rates online. If your freight is less than a truckload and weighs more than 100 pounds, LTL is the most economical way to it ship it. Conveniently, LTL shipping can be used for both residential and commercial freight.
With LTL we can ship specialized freight, cargo that requires dedicated equipment or special handling:
- Motorcycle Shipping – Going to a motorcycle rally? We can get your biker there, ready to ride. FreightCenter partners with leading motorcycle shipping companies and haulers to offer great rates and services nationwide.
- Tradeshow Shipping – Special care is needed to ship large trade show exhibits. We’ll take care of all paperwork and scheduling to ensure your trade show display gets to the show on time and intact.
- Furniture Shipping – Let us help you save the hassle and expense of moving yourself with easy furniture shipping at the lowest price. FreightCenter assists with long-distance residential furniture moving for the whole house or one piece of furniture. We also offer value-added White Glove Service to help with packaging and loading.
DO YOU KNOW WHICH LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING
SERVICES YOU NEED?
Your LTL shipment may require additional services or what we call accessorials, extra services, or equipment needed during delivery or pickup. Because there is an additional fee charged for accessorials, it is important to indicate which ones are needed for your shipment when you are receiving your online quote.
Whether you are shipping freight from your residence, home office, or small business your shipment may require the use of accessorials. Some of the most common accessorials are:
- Liftgate – Located at the rear of the truck, a liftgate can assist with loading and unloading by raising and lowering.
- Notification Services - Notification calls are an added feature we can offer for any freight service. You’ll receive a call before any pickup or delivery so you will know when to expect the truck.
- Limited Access - Limited access includes any destination or location that restricts trucks from entering. FreightCenter works with carriers equipped to access such locations. Examples of limited access locations include construction sites, military bases, schools, churches, and government facilities.
- Inside Pickup & Delivery – Inside Pickup and delivery is used when it is necessary for the driver to deliver or pick up freight past the curb.
Depending on what you are shipping, your LTL freight shipment could require even more specialized services. If you need to use any of these specialized services you will need to speak with one of our Freight Agents. Our Freight Agents can guide you through the booking process. Some examples of these services are:
- First Mile Services – With First Mile Services, your package will be picked up and packaged, and then delivered to its destination.
- Final (Last) Mile White Glove Services – Final (Last) Mile White Glove Service includes inside delivery and debris removal. If more services are needed, let us know and we will help you secure those requirements.
- White Glove Services – Most commonly used in furniture delivery, white glove services are the best option when your freight requires special attention. A Freight Agent can help you determine the level of white glove service you need, from standard to premier. Some of these services include inside pickup and delivery, loading, unpacking, stair carry, and debris removal.
- Expedited Freight – When a freight load is time-sensitive, our Freight Agents will work diligently to ensure you receive the fastest service we can deliver using Expedited Freight services.
- Guaranteed Delivery Services – With Guaranteed Delivery your freight arrives during the standard transit time.
GET TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR TRUCKLOAD SHIPMENTS
If your cargo requires a full, dedicated truck, and needs to get there fast, truckload freight is the way to go. Get my truckload freight rates
SUPPORT PROVIDED BY A TEAM DEVOTED TO FINDING YOU
THE BEST SERVICES
FreightCenter has a whole team of freight experts dedicated to truckload logistics. If you ship entire truckloads or large items, we can provide 3PL services including:
- Expedited shipments – Need to get your freight shipment there in a hurry? Your cargo will go directly from origin to delivery to ensure the fastest delivery time.
- Just-In-Time – With Just-In-Time shipping requires strategy and planning. We’ll help you increase efficiency and decrease waste by ensuring that you receive your freight shipment right before you need it – not too early or too late.
- Warehousing and Distribution – Truckload shipping is primarily going to and from commercial businesses and warehouses. That means these shipments picked up and delivered from warehouses and distribution centers require different specialized equipment.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) – We can provide you with year-round committed rates and capacity based on RFPs.
Through our extensive network of carriers, we can provide a wide range of equipment. Here are just some of the type of trucks we have access to:
- Dry Van Freight – Dry Van Freight is hauled on a standard enclosed trailer. This is the most common truck used for shipping a full or partial truckload. When you think of dry van, don't think passenger vehicle like a minivan. Think about 15-wheel semis with 53-foot trailers in tow.
- Flatbed Freight – Flatbeds trucks have trailers with no sides or roof and are typically used when transporting oversize freight. These trucks are used to ship lumber, cement tubes for utility construction, steel beams, and anything that needs to hang off the edge of the trailer bed.
- Refrigerated Freight – Refrigerated trucks are used when your freight shipment requires refrigeration and temperature-controlled settings. Refrigerated freight usually includes: perishables, food, beverages, plants, or any item requiring refrigeration and temperature-controlled settings.
- Drop Deck Freight – Drop decks are designed to transport long loads. This type of specialized truckload equipment has a lower deck system that rolls onto an upper deck. This particular type of truck is best when shipping items such as heavy construction piping, stacked wood, flooring, and scaffolding setups.
SECURING THE RIGHT FREIGHT SHIPPING SERVICES
TO FIT YOUR NEEDS
No matter what you are shipping and how it is getting there, we can help you every step of the way. Make sure to ask your Freight Agent if there is another mode of freight transportation that will be a better value or offer more services for your cargo.
Other methods of freight shipping include:
- Truck freight hauling – The trucking industry has grown exponentially over the years and shows no signs of slowing down! We can help you determine if shipping using LTL, TL, or partial truckload is best for your freight.
- Air Freight – The quickest way to get there. Air freight services can be the most cost-effective when shipping smaller packages.
- Rail Freight – We have an extensive network of rail freight carriers to help you ship your bulky construction or hazardous materials.
- International Shipping – We have solutions to keep your international imports and exports moving with ocean freight shipping. Freight shipping by boat is the most environment-friendly way to move your freight.
When requesting a quote using any type of freight shipping method, be sure to include all necessary services. Once booked, if your shipment requires additional services not included in the initial bill of lading (BOL), you may receive a costly billing adjustment (BA). It is best to secure all required shipping services at the time you are booking your freight shipment to ensure an accurate freight quote.
CRUSH YOUR BUSINESS GOALS WITH OUR LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS
FreightCenter is a one-stop third-party logistics (3PL) provider for small businesses, large corporations, supply chains, and government institutions.
We can help you:
- Focus on meeting your specific cost and service goals.
- Properly prepare for peak shipping seasons.
- Find the right carriers that can provide the freight shipping services you need.
- Find carriers that offer the best prices to ship your freight to exactly where you want it to go.
To get an accurate freight quote, you must know the services your shipment requires. Not sure what services you need? Our Freight Agents can you help – simply give us a call at 800.716.7608.