Over the years FreightCenter has helped many military agencies save time and money on freight shipping. As a veteran-owned third-party logistics (3PL) provider, we understand the special arrangements required for military and government shipping. We will help you work within the certain price ranges and service parameters needed for military shipping.
In addition to arranging land, sea and air transport for the Department of Defense (DOD), we offer government trucking contract services through:
- General Services Administration (GSA) – an independent government agency that helps manage basic functions of federal agencies and military branches.
- Army’s Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) – formerly Military Traffic Management Command (MTMC), this agency offers a network of land, sea, and air freight transportation capabilities.
FreightCenter has specific tools in place to help with all military shipping requirements and offers expedited shipping options when a shipment is time-sensitive and requires guaranteed delivery.
There are also other benefits to using FreightCenter for your military logistic needs including:
- Free Cost Estimates – get free quotes 24/7 online, for all your freighting, trucking and shipping needs.
- Tracking and Status Updates – military shipments need specific handling due to their sensitive or secure nature. The ability to track your freight with real-time GPS progress will ensure constant peace of mind and awareness.
- Direct Live Online Support – personalized account manager dedicated to your shipment.
Online Access to Paperwork – direct access to any bill of lading (BOL) and paperwork, past shipping information, and saved quotes.
Methods of Transportation for Military Cargo
Our vast network of general freight carriers each offer specialized methods of transportation including but not limited to: sea cargo container shipping, air freight shipping, ground service by a common carrier, LTL trucking, truckload trucking, domestic and international shipping, business and residential relocation or moving services, furniture moving services, door-to-door transport and more.
Expert Knowledge and Experience of Military Logistics
Experience is key when arranging military freight shipping, as it involves specific paperwork, processes, and pricing.
Our expert freight agents are dedicated to finding the most affordable and quality carrier for unique shipments that require special handling and SDDC authorizations. With our emerging new technology and highest-rated customer service, you can rest easy that your shipment will be watched closely during every part of the shipping process.
Our trusted network of carriers must pass a stringent background approval process before being included in our network as an available option. This ensures your freight shipment is secure and handled with care during transport.
Pickup and Delivery Options for Military Freight
FreightCenter offers a variety of Specialized Freight Services to meet your military project-based freight needs, particularly if a shipment requires multiple destination points or special military or governmental circumstances. We also offer several freight shipping services and equipment options for your next load.
Pickup and delivery service options include terminal-to-terminal, door-to-door, airport, business-to-business, business-to-residential, residential-to-residential, white glove handling or blanket wrap and limited access locations – required at military bases and other government facilities.
For your next military shipment, rely on FreightCenter to expertly handle the logistics to ensure cost-effective, safe and on-time deliveries. Give us a call at 800.716.7608 to speak directly to a freight agent who can assist you every step of the way in booking your specialized freight shipment.