Shipping Aircraft Propellers easily and affordably
Although it may seem like a large task, shipping aircraft propellers can be a painless and cost-effective process. Whether your item is a new purchase or is in need of balancing or repair, it will be shipped as freight due to its size and weight. This goes for all kinds of airplane propellers, including:
- Fixed pitch
If your aircraft propeller is damaged or out-of-balance, it will need to be shipped to a certified repair station or the original manufacturer. Fortunately, FreightCenter is an expert in shipping large items, and has facilitated shipments to many airplane part manufacturers, including:
- AeroLux Propellers
- IncAmerican Propeller Manufacturing Company
- Banks Maxwell Propeller Company
- Catto Propellers
- Competition Aircraft
- Culver Props
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- Fahlin Manufacturing Company
- Felix Propellers
- GSC Systems
- Hamilton Hartzell Propellers
- Hegy Propellers
- Ivoprop Kiev prop
- McCauley Propeller Systems
- MW Propellers
- P&K Enterprises
- Props Inc
- Reed Propeller Co
- Sterba Propellers
- Tarver Propellers
- Warp Drive Inc
- And more
Are you ready to begin shipping aircraft propellers? Then, let’s get started! Follow these tips to help keep your costs as low as possible and to ensure peace of mind.
How Do I Package an Airplane Propeller for Shipping?
Each airplane blade is meticulously designed and crafted. Therefore, any mishandling of your shipment could cost you in time and repairs. Because of their shape, the blades are particularly at risk of being damaged during shipment. Take the extra time to ensure your freight shipment is protected by properly crating and protecting the entire unit.
Any cargo can be easily damaged if bumped by other items being shipped on the same truck, so be sure to add ample padding around the shipment. Additionally, avoid any accidental scratches or scuffs inside of the crate by using bubble wrap, blankets or paper products to protect the most vulnerable parts of the propeller.
Compare the Cost of Shipping, from Trusted Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. Our freight quote tool enables you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in a matter of seconds. From there you can choose which carrier you prefer to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest.
Follow these steps to get an instant online freight shipping quote:
- Enter the dimensions, weight and relevant zip codes into the quote form.
- You’ll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you’ll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double check that all information is correct.
If you have questions about booking, packaging or would simply like to go over your quotes, our freight experts are happy to help. Get your free quote now
or give us a call at 800.716.7608