Compare Shipping Carpet rates online today. Top US carriers compete for your business using our freight calculator.
How to Make Shipping Carpets Easy and Affordable
Whether you’re buying or selling carpets, FreightCenter makes shipping carpets easy and affordable. Follow the suggestions on this page, and you’ll see how. Small area rugs can often be shipped as parcels, and FreightCenter can help you with your parcel shipping. Larger and heavier carpets should be shipped via LTL (less-than-truckload) shipping.
Why Choose FreightCenter For Your Shipping Needs?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
FreightCenter Is Trusted By
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Less-Than-Truckload Services (LTL)?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to less-than-truckload services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of less-than-truckload freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their less-than-truckload freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
How Do You Prepare Carpets for LTL Shipping?
Before you do anything else, clean the rug thoroughly. Once the carpet is clean, follow these steps.
- Cover the pile of the rug with a sheet of acid-free paper. Allow the paper to extend two feet beyond the width on one side.
- Fold the ends of the rug in so that the length is reduced to 1/3 the original length.
- Tightly roll the rug so that the extra paper is available to you once you’ve completed the roll.
- Wrap the extra paper around the rug and tie the roll with twine.
- Add cotton padding on the ends and tape the cotton padding to the paper with painter’s tape.
- Place the rug in a box
- Secure the box to a pallet with bands.
If your rug is small and light enough to ship as a parcel, follow the first six steps above.
How to Compare the Costs of Shipping Carpets From Trusted Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. We enable you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in seconds. Then, you choose which carrier you want to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest. Your first step is to get an instant online freight shipping quote.
- Enter the dimensions, weight, relevant zip codes, and freight class (if you know it) into the quote form.
- You’ll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you’ll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double-check that all information is correct.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.Learn More
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.Learn More
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.Learn More
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.Learn More