How to Make Shipping Carpets Easy and Affordable
Whether you’re buying or selling carpets, FreightCenter makes shipping carpets easy and affordable for you. Follow the suggestions on this page and you’ll see how.
Small area rugs can often be shipped as parcels, and FreightCenter can help you with your parcel shipping. Larger and heavier carpets should be shipped via LTL (less-than-truckload) shipping.
How Do You Prepare Carpets for Ltl Shipping?
Before you do anything else, clean the rug thoroughly. Once the rug is clean, follow these steps.
- Cover the pile of the rug with a sheet of acid-free paper. Allow the paper to extend two feet beyond the width on one side.
- Fold the ends of the rug in so that the length is reduced to 1/3 the original length.
- Tightly roll the rug so that the extra paper is available to you once you’ve completed the roll.
- Wrap the extra paper around the rug and tie the roll with twine.
- Add cotton padding on the ends and tape the cotton padding to the paper with painter’s tape.
- Place the rug in a box
- Secure the box to a pallet with bands.
If you’re rug is small and light enough to ship as a parcel, follow the first six steps above.
How to Compare the Costs of Shipping Carpets From Trusted Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. We enable you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in a matter of seconds. Then, you choose which carrier you want to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest.
Your first step is to get an instant, online freight shipping quote.
- Enter the dimensions, weight, relevant zip codes and freight class (if you know it) into the quote form.
- You’ll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you’ll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double check that all information is correct.
What if You Need Help?
FreightCenter is a leader in customer satisfaction because we back up our technology with the able assistance of real live shipping experts who are here to help you. Need help booking your carpet/rug shipment? Have questions about packaging? Have questions or concerns after you’ve booked your shipment? Our freight experts are available to answer your questions. Save time, save money, and enjoy peace of mind. Get your free quote now or give us a call at 800.716.7608.