Shipping Granite Tiles
Effortless shipping solutions for granite tiles with FreightCenter. Discover the beauty and durability of granite tiles. Learn about their uses and benefits, including heat resistance and low maintenance. When it's time to ship, trust FreightCenter.
Granite Tiles are flat pieces of stone cut from blocks of Granite. It’s an igneous rock made from quartz, feldspar, and mica. This rock is formed through the crystallization of molten magma beneath the Earth’s surface. It is known for its durability, strength, and distinct appearance, making it great for construction and decorative purposes. Granite also possesses heat-resistant properties, making it a great choice for kitchen countertops and other areas exposed to hot objects and liquids.
The quartz within Granite contributes to the durability and hardness, feldspar to the color and texture, and mica creates the shimmering effects. Granite comes in various colors, textures, and patterns due to variations in mineral composition and how it cools during formation. Cooling can create beautiful elements, such as subtle specks and bold veins. Polish can reveal the natural beauty and color variations within Granite and a smooth, glossy shine.
Each piece of Granite is unique. Granite is one of the hardest natural stones, which makes it resistant to heat, scratching, and impact. High-traffic areas such as kitchen countertops and flooring make great places for Granite usage. It also works excellent for flooring, wall cladding, outdoor paving, etc.
Granite makes for an intelligent investment across the board. It possesses various elements that contribute to its durability and can last for decades when properly cared for. Even better, Granite is low maintenance! Clean and dust the countertops regularly as you would for any other surface, clean spills to avoid stains, and reseal when necessary. Sealing the surface periodically will help prevent staining and will maintain the appearance.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Shipping Granite Tiles?
Why Choose Us For A Freight Quote?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Choosing Your Carrier
There is no requirement to use the official carrier, and you stand to save a lot of money when you use a 3PL like FreightCenter to book your trade show freight shipping. What’s more, when you call on FreightCenter to take care of your trade show shipping, you’ll receive excellent service for a fraction of the cost. The key is competition; FreightCenter is where top carriers compete for your business. Want proof?
Use our instant freight quote tool to receive estimates from numerous carriers, or speak to one of our freight shipping experts by calling us at 800.716.7608. FreightCenter takes care of all paperwork and scheduling and makes sure your materials get to the show on time and intact. We can even book your freight on the same carrier listed as “official” by the trade show, and you will receive a discount of 25%, 50%, 75%, or more.
When you choose to work with us, you are choosing to make your shipping process seamless. Here are just some of the benefits working with our Third Party Logistics company will have on your shipping experience:
- When you partner with FreightCenter, a premier 3PL (Third Party Logistics) company with over twenty-four years of experience within the logistics industry, you are choosing success. Over the decades, our team has dealt with nearly every shipment imaginable. There is no shipment process we cannot help you with!
- FreightCenter employs a knowledgeable staff that is always willing to learn and grow with industry changes and advancements. We are ready to answer any questions you have throughout the entire process!
- We act as the middleman between you and your carrier; you do not have to worry about playing phone tag with your trucker. Your agent will directly communicate with you and your carrier, delivering any necessary information or updates between you.
- We secure the best transit carrier and route for you at the best price. There is no need to spend hours figuring out the logistics or searching for a worthwhile deal.
- We make it easy to ensure your shipments by guiding you toward the best providers. Whether you need full or partial coverage, we have you covered!
- We arrange the pickups and drop-offs while also making sure to track each shipment in transit. This ensures that you know where your packages are every step of the way!
History of Granite
The usage of Granite goes back centuries, dating back to ancient civilizations. It has been used in construction and architecture by the ancient Greek and Egyptian civilizations. Back then, Granite was used to build monuments, pyramids, and obelisks. Granite was used in buildings and sculptures in Greece due to its durability and aesthetics. Granite’s popularity continued into the Medieval and Renaissance periods and was used to construct churches, castles, and other essential buildings. Granite has allowed these constructions to withstand the test of time because of its durability.
During the Industrial Revolution, quarrying and cutting Granite became more efficient. More significant quantities of Granite could be extracted and processed, making access more available for construction projects. During the 20th century, further advancements in these extracting and processing techniques made Granite a top choice for residential and commercial projects. Modern tools and machinery allowed Granite to be cut into thin tiles, making its capabilities more versatile. And in this modern era, Granite is used extensively in interior and exterior design. It is used in flooring, wall cladding, countertops, tabletops, and fireplaces. Its natural beauty, durability, and wide range of colors and patterns have contributed to its popularity.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
LTL shipping involves combining multiple small shipments from different customers onto one truck, allowing each customer to share the shipment cost. Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
Truckload shipping, also known as full truckload (FTL), is a transportation option for freight that requires the entire trucks trailer space. Unlike LTL shipping, FTL shipping is reserved for larger commodities that exceed LTL weight and size limits, typically weighing more than 20,000 pounds or having dimensions that exceed 12 feet in length, 8 feet in width, and 8 feet in height. We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
Specialized is a transportation option for items that require specialized handling, equipment, or shipping conditions. Specialized shipments may include high-value cargo, oversized cargo, or cargo that require temperature-controlled transportation. The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.
Cost to ship Granite Tiles
Shipping Granite can be expensive due to various factors. However, working with a 3PL will help to reduce costs, including working with an experienced and reputable 3PL. Below are some of the factors that have a direct influence on shipping costs.
- Weight: Granite tiles are heavy, directly impacting how much you pay. The heavier the shipment, the more expensive it will be to ship it.
- Fragility: Granite tiles are very fragile and require careful attention to packaging to prevent damage. The additional materials will contribute to a heavier shipment and, therefore, higher costs, as will the additional handling requirements and precautions.
- Packaging: Specialized packaging materials will cost you additional fees, as will the weight increase that often comes with it.
- Distance: The further the shipment destination from the point of origin, the more expensive the shipment will generally be, and vice versa.
- Shipping Methods: Different carriers and modes of transportation have different costs associated with each. Ground, Air, Ocean, etc., have their own rates and requirements. Expedited and special handling services will incur higher charges.
- Insurance: Insurance is recommended for most shipments. Protecting yourself financially from any loss while in transit is always a great idea. Despite best practices and preventive measures, even the safest carriers experience unforeseen damages and circumstances from time to time. Your tiles may still experience breakage, so the best approach is always to ensure your shipments. Your freight agent can help you obtain full or partial coverage for your shipment and answer any questions you have related to the topic. Our FreightCenter team will help you obtain the best insurance rates in the industry.
- Customs/Duties: If you need to ship internationally, be aware of the potential customs and import duties required. These requirements often come with additional costs. Talk to your freight agent to determine the requirements and how you can prepare for them and comply with regulations.
- Carrier/Service Level: Different carriers vary in their specializations. You may find that some carriers specialize in handling fragile and heavy items, and your freight agent can help match you to the ones that do. We will help you find the best carrier for your shipment.
Shipping Granite Tiles
Packaging: It is crucial to use cushioned materials for wrapping your tiles. Place the granite tiles in bubble wrap or foam sheets to prevent chipping or scratching. Stacking tiles individually and separating them by layers of cushioning, such as foam, cardboard, or corrugated sheets, is best. When shipping multiple boxes of tiles, place a layer of padding between the boxes to help absorb shocks.
Be sure to choose appropriately sized boxes for packing the tiles, and opt for ones with double-walled construction to provide extra protection. Choosing the right-sized box is essential because a package that is too large and has excess space may lead to unnecessary movement during transit, which can inevitably cause damage.
Securing/Labeling: Place a layer of padding material at the bottom of your packing boxes. The padding will help absorb impacts. It is crucial to arrange the tiles in a fixed and snug position so they do not move around. Place additional cushioning around the tiles within the box, and fill any empty spaces with cushioning material like bubble wrap, foam peanuts, and air pillows.
Once the tiles are securely packaged into place with plenty of cushioning, it is time to seal the box securely with packing tape. As with other shipments, reinforce the seams and corners to prevent opening during transit.
Documentation: Do not forget to label each box with “Fragile” and “Handle with Care.” Also, be sure to include contact information (yours and the recipient’s) on the box in case of issues with delivery. A detailed packing list describing each box’s contents will benefit you and the shipping company.
- If shipping large tiles, consider palletizing them for better handling.
- Use a sturdy pallet, and organize the boxes in such a way that distributes the weight of the packages evenly.
- Secure the packages using a strapping or stretch wrap to prevent shifting.
Partner with a reputable and reliable 3PL like FreightCenter. Here, we pride ourselves on being able to pair you with the best carrier for your individual needs at the most competitive rates available. We obtain quotes from the best carriers, allowing you to compare rates and services most effectively.
Insurance Reminder: Insurance is always smart; you cannot go wrong when protecting yourself against financial losses.
Scheduling: Your FreightCenter agent will work with you to determine the best dates and times for your shipment pickup and delivery. They will schedule the pickup and delivery for you, effectively communicating every step of the way and letting you know of any changes or updates. We also ensure you adhere to the carrier’s guidelines for preparing and labeling your shipments.
Tracking & Communication: Each shipment has a tracking number provided by the carrier. Upon request, your FreightCenter agent can provide you with this number to track your shipment. Your agent will also use this number to track and update your shipment and communicate between you and the carrier. This will allow you to stay informed of any delays or delivery issues.
Shipping Granite Tiles might seem overwhelming if you have no experience with freight shipping. Luckily, following the steps above and utilizing the expertise of a 3PL can make the entire process easier and more cost-effective.
Shipping Granite Tile FAQS
Q: How do I clean granite tiles?
A: Use a soft cloth or mop and a PH-neutral stone cleanser. Avoid using cleaners or scrubbers that are too abrasive, and make sure to seal the tiles to prevent staining and to maintain the appearance.
Q: Can I install granite tiles on my own?
A: Proper installation of granite tiles requires precise cutting and leveling, along with careful preparation. For these reasons, it is best to level the installation of tile to the professionals.
Q: How are granite tiles packaged for shipping?
A: They are packaged in crates or boxes to protect them from damage during transit. Use sturdy packaging that prevents breakage, chipping, and scratching.
Q: Are there any cons associated with choosing granite tiles?
A: Granite tiles are usually heavier and more expensive than other flooring options. The weight of the tiles can affect installation and require additional structural support. Another downside is that Granite is porous, making it susceptible to staining if not properly sealed.
Q: Does shipping granite tiles require any special considerations?
A: Granite tiles may require special arrangements and equipment due to their weight and volume. Communication with your freight agent will help ensure smooth and efficient shipping processes.