How to Ship Travertine Tiles with 9 Easy Steps
If you are like most, the thought of determining logistics for shipping fragile items such as travertine tiles is overwhelming. Luckily when partnering with FreightCenter, you will have a team of Freight experts on your side. We’ve helped thousands of businesses and individuals all over the world get their goods from point A to point B faster and smarter.
What is Travertine?
The beautiful rustic travertine tiles you have seen in kitchens are of natural stone with a history all its own! These travertine tiles result from cut slabs of the Travertine sedimentary rock created by the evaporation of mineral-rich deposits of rivers, lakes, and hot springs. It is then deposited by acidic hot springs or much cooler waters. Rapid precipitation of calcium carbonate, otherwise known as calcite, forms the rock.
A variety of minerals mixed with calcite create its characteristic swirls. It is often formed as a white rock that darkens with age. Microorganisms in the water, such as cyanobacteria (blue-green algae), help create the various orange, pink, yellow, green, and browns often found in travertine. This natural stone is bound to have a high color variation, meaning no two projects will look the same, and every design will look original. Some standard colors include beige, brown, taupe, silver grey, cream, and tan.
Travertine application is commonly used in bathrooms, showers, floors, and pools. Unpolished travertine has a natural nonslip texture, making it great for the areas above. It is common in wall cladding, countertops, kitchens, patios, steps, and stairs! These travertine tiles are versatile and can be used effectively indoors and outdoors. Fun fact, outdoor travertine pavers have a 10x longer lifespan than concrete or precast pavers. Travertine tiles make an excellent addition to living spaces due to their versatility, beauty, and durability.
Prices for these travertine tiles will vary depending on location, project complexity, quality, and finish. The cost is approximately $15-$30 per square foot. Marble costs nearly double, and even more for granite. Travertine tiles are a more reasonably priced option, making it an affordable luxury.
Travertine Tile Finishes
Much like the color variability in travertine, the stone is also found in various finishes. Each finish provides a different aesthetic and texture. Some standard finishes include polished, honed, tumbled, and brushed. Below is a short description of each of the commonly seen finishes.
- Polished- This finish highlights the natural colors of the stone, with the look of a glossy and smooth finish.
- Honed- This style creates a rustic and natural look, achieved by the matte finish.
- Tumbled- This finish is achieved by tumbling the travertine tiles, which helps make the aged and worn look.
- Brushed- This type is a slightly textured finish that adds a soft and weathered look to the tiles.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter for Shipping Travertine Tiles?
Figuring out the logistics of shipping travertine tiles, whether you are a business or a one-time consumer, can seem overwhelming. Luckily partnering with a 3PL can simplify the entire process, reducing stress and ensuring an efficient, cost-effective, and successful shipping process! With 25 years of experience in the industry, our expert team can quickly help you easily navigate the world of logistics! When you choose to work with us, you are choosing to make your shipping process seamless. Here are just some of the benefits working with our Third Party Logistics company will have on your shipping experience:
- When you partner with FreightCenter, a premier 3PL (Third Party Logistics) company with over twenty-four years of experience within the logistics industry, you are choosing success. Over the decades, our team has dealt with nearly every shipment imaginable. There is no shipment process we cannot help you with!
- FreightCenter employs a knowledgeable staff that is always willing to learn and grow with industry changes and advancements. We are ready to answer any questions you have throughout the entire process!
- We act as the middleman between you and your carrier; you do not have to worry about playing phone tag with your trucker. Your agent will directly communicate with you and your carrier, delivering any necessary information or updates between you.
- We secure the best transit carrier and route for you at the best price. There is no need to spend hours figuring out the logistics or searching for a worthwhile deal.
- We make it easy to ensure your shipments by guiding you toward the best providers. Whether you need full or partial coverage, we have you covered!
- We arrange the pick-ups and drop-offs while also making sure to track each shipment in transit. This ensures that you know where your packages are every step of the way!
Now what are you waiting for? Call FreightCenter to set up your account and discuss your shipment. We are ready to answer your questions and provide solutions! Our team looks forward to partnering with you.
Why Choose Us For A Freight Quote?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
9 Easy Shipping Tips
Shipping travertine tiles require careful attention and consideration when packaging. Choosing an appropriate shipping method is also crucial to a successful shipment. Below are 9 easy steps covering how to ship travertine tiles.
- Appropriate Packaging Methods: Stack the tiles neatly and separate them with protective materials/padding, such as bubble wrap or foam between tiles. This will help prevent scratching or chipping. Place orders in sturdy wooden crates or boxes and securely fasten them closed.
- Appropriate Labelling: Since you are shipping travertine tiles, it is essential to label the packages with “fragile” or “handle with care” stickers to communicate effectively with carriers.
- Choose the Proper Shipping Method: Our expert call agents at FreightCenter will help walk you through the shipping process, answering any questions. They will help you determine the best transit method for your shipment, so worry not. Dependent on your shipment details, agents will help you select ground, air, or ocean freight transportation.
- Obtain/Compare Shipping Quotes: FreightCenter agents have access to cutting-edge technology and software, enabling them to provide you with the most competitive rates. They will compare prices, transit times, and services offered, allowing you to make a well-informed decision and make your shipping experience successful!
- Schedule Shipment: As the shipper, you will not have to complete this step alone when working with a 3PL. Instead, your freight agent will book the shipment, but you will work with them to determine the best dates and times. It is crucial to be forthcoming and honest about your shipment, disclosing all necessary details, such as the exact contents, pick-up and delivery addresses, contact information, and shipment weight.
- Obtain Insurance: Obtaining insurance for your shipment is always a good idea, especially if your load is of high value. Even in the most ideal and secure shipping circumstances, damage or theft can still occur, so protecting yourself financially is always intelligent.
- Monitor the Shipment: Your freight agent will also monitor your shipment and provide a tracking number. Shippers can track their shipments during transit, staying fully current on their progress, status, and expected delivery dates and times.
- Receive/Inspect Delivery: It is crucial to inspect the travertine tiles immediately after delivery to spot any signs of damage. Photograph any issues/damages for documentation for proof in case you need to file a claim ad notify your FreightCenter agent.
- Store Tiles Properly: If you plan to install the travertine tiles after some time, store them in a dry/climate-controlled area. Make sure to avoid moisture damage or any accidental warpings.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
LTL shipping involves combining multiple small shipments from different customers onto one truck, allowing each customer to share the shipment cost. Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
Truckload shipping, also known as full truckload (FTL), is a transportation option for freight that requires the entire trucks trailer space. Unlike LTL shipping, FTL shipping is reserved for larger commodities that exceed LTL weight and size limits, typically weighing more than 20,000 pounds or having dimensions that exceed 12 feet in length, 8 feet in width, and 8 feet in height. We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload. Expedited shipping is a transportation option that prioritizes the speed of delivery for freight that needs to be shipped quickly. This can be especially important for urgent situations, such as engine repairs or replacements for critical machinery.
Specialized is a transportation option for items that require specialized handling, equipment, or shipping conditions. Specialized shipments may include high-value cargo, oversized cargo, or cargo that require temperature-controlled transportation. The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.