We’ve helped thousands of businesses and individuals all over the world get their goods from point A to point B faster and smarter. We’ll explain everything you need to know about Just-in-Time (JIT) delivery, how it works, and why it’s essential for your business.
What is JIT Delivery?
Just-in-Time delivery is a supply chain strategy that aims to produce and deliver goods and materials just in time for their use or sale. JIT delivery requires careful coordination between suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers to ensure that products arrive exactly when they’re needed.
JIT delivery is based on the idea that excess inventory is wasteful and can lead to increased costs and decreased efficiency. Instead, businesses aim to have just enough inventory on hand to meet demand and minimize the time and costs associated with storage and handling.
Why Choose Us For A Freight Quote?
- Shipping quotes anytime
- Get freight shipping quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For JIT Deliveries?
Just-in-Time delivery is a logistics strategy that aims to minimize inventory storage costs and increase efficiency by delivering goods and materials precisely when they’re needed for production or sale. With JIT delivery, businesses can reduce the amount of inventory they keep on hand, improve cash flow, and better manage their supply chains.
At FreightCenter, we understand the importance of JIT delivery to our clients. That’s why we offer a variety of JIT delivery options to meet their needs, including expedited and time-definite services. We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to JIT delivery services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of the freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their JIT Delivery, they trust us to do the job right.
What Are The Benefits of Just-in-Time (JIT) Delivery?
JIT delivery offers several benefits for businesses, including:
- Reduced Inventory Costs: By keeping only the inventory necessary for immediate use, businesses can significantly reduce storage and handling costs.
- Improved Cash Flow: With less money tied up in inventory, businesses can improve their cash flow and invest in other areas of their business.
- Increased Efficiency: JIT delivery helps businesses streamline their operations by reducing waste, minimizing inventory management tasks, and improving the flow of goods and materials.
- Better Customer Service: With JIT delivery, businesses can respond quickly to changing customer demands and deliver products more quickly and efficiently.
What Are The Disadvantages of Just-in-Time (JIT) Delivery?
With every advantage comes some disadvantages, including:
- Supply Chain Disruptions: If you are not storing goods in a warehouse, it means there is travel time between ordering and receiving the inventory. If a supply chain disruption affects the goods getting to your warehouse, you risk being out of stock. If you were ordering parts for a production line, then your production line could be inoperable.
- More Planning Required: You must understand trends and research your busy and slow seasons. You need to know your business and customers to get the right products at the correct times.
- Dependency On Suppliers: If a supplier fails to deliver on schedule or in the correct quantities. Production can be slowed or stopped altogether.
White Glove Shipping Services Can Benefit Businesses
JIT delivery and White Glove shipping can help businesses of all sizes, from small startups to large corporations, streamline their operations and improve their bottom line. These logistics strategies can help businesses stay competitive in today’s fast-paced economy by reducing inventory costs, improving cash flow, and increasing efficiency.
JIT delivery is particularly useful for businesses that rely on just-in-time manufacturing, such as those in the automotive, electronics, and food industries. With JIT delivery, businesses can reduce the risk of overproduction and minimize the costs associated with excess inventory.
On the other hand, White Glove shipping is ideal for businesses that need to transport large or fragile items, such as furniture, electronics, or artwork. With our specialized services, businesses can rest assured that their items will arrive at their destination in pristine condition.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.
JIT Delivery FAQ
Q. What is meant by JIT?
A. JIT, short for Just-in-time, is a popular inventory management strategy involving receiving goods or supplies from suppliers precisely when needed, resulting in lower storage costs and more efficient operations. This method is based on a demand-driven model that helps businesses minimize waste and increase productivity.
Q. What is an example of just-in-time production?
A. An example of just-in-time production is when a manufacturer receives goods or materials only when they’re needed in the production process. By implementing JIT, companies reduce inventory costs and waste, streamline operations, and improve efficiency. One example of JIT production is Toyota, which revolutionized the manufacturing industry by implementing JIT principles.
Q. What is the difference between just-in-time delivery and on-time delivery?
A. Just-in-time delivery reduces waste by delivering goods and materials “just in time” for production or sale. On-time delivery involves providing goods to the customer within the specified timeframe. While just-in-time delivery is more about optimizing efficiency in the supply chain, on-time delivery is about meeting customer expectations and enhancing their experience.
Q. Who uses just-in-time delivery?
A. Supply chain companies and mass market retailers use JIT Delivery. It costs a significant amount of money to store large and bulky items. Using JIT reduces inventory costs. Big box retailers like Target and Amazon utilize this method to get large quantities of products to their customers quickly.