Discounts on shipping lamps of all sizes. Bulk lamp orders or oversize lamps are best shipped using freight services. Compare rates & save.
How to Make Shipping Lamps Easy and Affordable
Whether you’re buying or selling lamps, FreightCenter makes shipping lamps easy and affordable. Follow the suggestions on this page, and you’ll see how. FreightCenter now offers low-cost parcel shipping as well as freight shipping.
Lights that measure less than 108 inches long and weigh less than 150 pounds can be shipped as a parcel rather than as freight. Large, heavy lamps or shipments of multiple lights should be made as LTL (less-than-truckload) freight shipping. Whichever type of shipping you need, FreightCenter can handle it for you.
Why Choose FreightCenter For Your Shipping Needs?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
How Do You Arrange for Parcel Shipping Through FreightCenter?
FreightCenter offers FTL (full truckload), LTL (less-than-truckload), and Parcel shipping as a one-stop shipping solution. To get a quote on shipping lamps as a parcel, request a quote online or call our parcel experts at 800.716.7608.
How Do You Pack Lamps for Parcel Shipping?
When shipping a lamp as a parcel, you will need two double-wall packing boxes, one for the lamp and the other for the shade. Gather up the cord and secure it to the lamp at the base. Disassemble the lamp and pack the pieces, such as the finial and harp, into a small box.
Pack the small box with paper so the pieces don’t move around in transit. Pack the base of the box where you will put the lamp with paper or foam packaging material.
Then, bubble-wrap the outside of the small box and put it in the box, leaving room for the lamp, of course.
Wrap the lamp with paper or bubble wrap and place it in the box. Secure the lamp in the box by filling it in around the sides and top of the lamp with paper or bubble-plastic packing material.
Wrap the shade in paper or bubble wrap and place it in the other box. Fill in gaps around and above the shade with bubble wrap, paper, or foam.
Give the bulb to someone or throw it away. It probably won’t survive the journey.
How Do You Pack Lamps for LTL Shipping?
You save money with LTL (less-than-truckload) shipping because your shipment shares the truck with loads from other shippers.
Your cargo must be packaged so it will not be damaged in transit and will not present a danger to other shipments on the truck. When shipping a valuable lamp, buy or build a crate for the lamp.
Disassemble the lamp and protect it as described above for parcel shipping. Secure the lamp and shade inside the box so they do not move around during shipping.
Don’t be afraid to over-protect the lamp and shade. The money and time you spend filling the crate with packaging materials will be worth the effort to protect a valuable lamp during shipping.
Shipping Lamps FAQ
Q. How do you pack and ship lamps?
A. To pack and ship lamps, wrap the lamp base with paper padding if it’s glass or ceramic. Securely wrap other lamp parts like the finial and harp with packing paper. Use tape to secure the paper. Finally, place all the lamp components in a moving box.
Q. Are lamps insured during freight shipping?
A. Most reputable freight carriers offer basic liability coverage, but it may not fully cover the value of your lamps. It’s advisable to inquire about additional insurance options to protect your shipment adequately. Consider purchasing freight insurance for high-value or delicate lamps.
Q. How do I calculate the shipping cost for lamps via freight?
A. Freight shipping costs depend on various factors, including the weight and dimensions of the lamps, the distance of the shipment, the shipping service chosen, and any additional services required (e.g., liftgate delivery, inside delivery). To get an accurate quote, you should contact freight carriers or use online freight calculators.
Q. How long will it take to ship lamps via freight?
A. Transit times for freight shipping can vary depending on the distance, destination, and the type of service selected. Generally, shipments within the same country may take a few days to a week, while international shipments may take a few weeks.
Q: Can I track the shipment of my lamps during transit?
A. Yes, most freight carriers provide shipment tracking services. You can usually track your lamps’ progress online using a tracking number provided by the carrier. This allows you to stay informed about the shipment’s status and estimated delivery date.