Shipping Plows Fast & Easy With FreightCenter
Find affordable rates for shipping plows using our free, instant freight calculator. Top carriers compete for your business on FreightCenter.
The demand for shipping plows and cold-weather equipment surges as winter’s frosty embrace descends upon us. For businesses and municipalities across the snow-covered landscapes, reliable snow plows are essential to keep railways, roads, and communities clear and moving safely. Whether you’re a manufacturer, supplier, or snow removal service provider, ensuring the seamless transportation of these vital winter tools is a mission, FreightCenter proudly takes on.
At FreightCenter, we understand that the timely delivery of snow plows can make all the difference during the harshest months of the year. That’s why we’re here to help you navigate the logistics of shipping snow plows quickly and confidently. With our expertise in freight transportation and a commitment to customer satisfaction, we’ve become the trusted partner for businesses facing the challenges of winter.
Join us on this journey as we explore the world of snow plow shipping and discover how FreightCenter can keep your operations running smoothly when the snowflakes start to fall. Winter may be unpredictable, but with FreightCenter by your side, your snow plows will always arrive right on schedule.
Why Plows Require Freight Shipping
Plows are used by vehicles and machines to move dirt and snow. In the northern states, snow plows are used every winter.
They remove snow and ice from railways, roads, parking lots, and driveways. Airports use large, custom plows to clear their runways, roadways, and terminal docking areas, so naturally, they’re larger items for regular shipping options. Plows come in several styles, such as straight blade, v-plow, winged, pusher, utv, and skid-steer. When a new or used plow is sold, it must be shipped as freight due to weight and size.
Standard parcel carriers cannot send plows. Freight trucking services offer flexible methods of transporting plows. They move large, heavy items like plows every day.
How Do You Prepare a Plow for Freight Shipping?
-Start by thoroughly cleaning the plow to remove dirt, debris, or residue. Use a pressure washer or a hose to remove any stubborn dirt.
-Carefully inspect the plow for any signs of damage, such as cracks, bent components, or loose parts. If you identify any issues, consider repairing or replacing them.
-Depending on the type of plow, there may be detachable parts such as blades, brackets, or hydraulic components. Remove these parts carefully and package them separately.
-Plow blades typically have sharp edges that should be protected to prevent damage or injuries during handling. Use blade covers or wrap the edges with foam or other protective material.
-If any movable or detachable components cannot be removed, secure them to prevent shifting or damage.
-It might be necessary to disassemble large or oversized plows wholly or partially for shipping. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions or consult a professional to disassemble the plow properly.
-Select a sturdy wooden crate or a heavy-duty corrugated cardboard box large enough to accommodate the plow or its disassembled components.
-Line the bottom of the container with padding material such as foam or bubble wrap.
-Place the plow or its components inside the crate or box, ensuring they are positioned securely and cannot move or shift during transit.
-Use straps, ropes, or tie-downs to secure the plow within the crate or box. Make sure it is tightly held in place to prevent movement during transportation.
-Clearly label the package with relevant information such as “Fragile,” “Handle with Care,” and any special handling instructions.
-Include shipping labels, destination address, contact information, and other necessary documentation.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
How Much Will It Cost to Ship a Plow?
Shipping a plow will depend on several variables:
- “To” and “From” zip codes
- NMFC (freight class) of the plow – the freight class of a snow plow can range from 77.5 for a vehicle or tractor mount all the way up to 200 for a rotary plow with vehicle mounting on the pallet
- Any special considerations/ Accommodations
How to Compare Shipping Costs From Trusted Carriers
Get started determining exact costs using our online quote tool, enabling you to compare freight shipping costs and expected in-transit times from multiple trusted carriers.
The tool will calculate the freight class for you if you know your plow’s packaged weight on the shipping pallet.
What if You Need Help?
With FreightCenter, shipping plows is easy and affordable. FreightCenter shipping experts are ready to help with any questions or concerns. Give us a call at 800.716.7608
Or, using the free quote tool, we will call you to ensure all the information is correct and there are no surprises.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Less than truckload (LTL) shipping is a smart logistics solution for businesses with smaller shipments. It combines multiple smaller shipments into a single truckload, optimizing space and reducing costs. LTL shipping offers affordability and efficiency while ensuring timely delivery, making it an ideal choice for companies looking to save on transportation expenses without compromising on service quality.
The transportation of goods and cargo across international borders. It involves complex logistics, customs compliance, and coordination with carriers to ensure the seamless movement of products between countries. Whether you're a business looking to expand globally or an individual shipping goods overseas, international freight is a critical component of the global economy.
Expedited shipping is a premium service designed to meet urgent delivery needs. It prioritizes speed and quick turnaround, ensuring that packages or goods reach their destination faster than standard shipping options. Expedited shipping is the go-to choice when time-sensitive deliveries are essential, providing businesses and individuals with reliable and prompt service for critical shipments.
Rail shipping is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly transportation method that utilizes trains to move goods over long distances. It's known for its efficiency in handling large volumes of cargo, making it a sustainable and economical choice for businesses seeking reliable freight transport options.
Why Choose FreightCenter?
Expertise in Specialized Shipments
- FreightCenter has extensive experience handling specialized shipments, including oversized and heavy equipment like snow plows. Our team understands the unique logistics challenges and can tailor solutions to your needs.
Diverse Carrier Network
- We have access to a vast network of reputable carriers, which means you can choose from various shipping options to find the one that best suits your cargo, budget, and timeline. Whether it’s flatbeds, temperature-controlled trucks, or other specialized equipment, we have you covered.
- FreightCenter’s industry connections and negotiation power allow us to offer competitive shipping rates. You can save time and money by obtaining quotes and comparing costs for your snow plow shipments.
Reliable Tracking and Support
- We provide robust tracking tools so that you can monitor your shipment’s progress in real-time. Additionally, our dedicated support team is available to assist you throughout the shipping process, addressing any questions or concerns you may have.
Safety and Security
- Ensuring the safety and security of your cargo is our top priority. We work with carriers who are experienced in handling heavy equipment and follow strict safety protocols to protect your valuable assets during transit.
Compliance and Documentation
- FreightCenter can assist with the necessary documentation and compliance requirements for shipping specialized equipment. We help ensure your shipments meet all legal and regulatory standards, reducing potential delays and issues.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Shipping Plows FAQs
Q. How do you Transport a snow plow?
A. To transport a snow plow, wrap the blade in shrink wrap to protect it from scratches. Then, place it securely on a pallet for easy mobility. Make sure to fasten the blade firmly to the pallet to prevent shifting during transportation. This method ensures safe and efficient shipping of the snow plow.
Q. Are there any restrictions on shipping plows?
A. There are no specific restrictions on shipping plows via freight, but freight carriers have their own regulations and guidelines for handling various types of cargo. Ensure compliance with the carrier’s requirements to facilitate a smooth shipping process.
Q. What is freight shipping for plows?
A. Freight shipping involves transporting plows in bulk or individually using trucks, trains, ships, or airplanes. It is the preferred method for shipping heavy and large plows that standard courier services cannot easily handle.
Q. Are there any specific packaging requirements for shipping plows via freight?
A. While there are no specific universal packaging requirements, it’s crucial to use sturdy and secure packaging materials to protect plows during transit. Consider wooden crates or reinforced boxes for added protection.
Q. Can I track the shipment of plows during transit?
A. Yes, most freight carriers offer tracking services for plow shipments. You can typically track your plows in real-time using the provided tracking number or through the carrier’s online tracking system.