Daylight Transport Claims
Need to file a claim with Daylight Transport?
We’ve pulled together a few tips for filing a claim with the carrier.
How to file a freight claim with Daylight Transport
Unfortunately things don’t always go as planned and shipments occasionally get damaged. We’ve pulled together a few tips along with general information for filing a claim with Daylight Transport.
What to do when freight damage is found
- Thoroughly inspect the integrity of the external packaging.
- If external packaging, shrink wrap etc. is not intact, record any damages on the Bill of Lading (BOL) or Proof of Delivery Receipt (POD).
- Take photographs of any external packaging damage and product damage.
- Contact the freight carrier immediately to report damages (not your third-party logistics service provider).
- Don’t throw anything away. If Daylight Transport inspects the product, they will use this to determine if the damage to the product is consistent with damage to containers.
- Note: For concealed damage, most carrier have a 5-day deadline from the delivery date to file any damage claims. If you find damages after the delivery of your product, follow the same protocol above within those 5 days.
Who do I contact about freight claims?
|I Shipped Using FreightCenter||I Purchased Freight Insurance||What to Do|
Filing a freight claim with Daylight Transport
- Double check that Daylight Transport handled the damaged freight. You can find the carrier on your BOL paperwork.
- Click the claim form link for the carrier that handled the damaged freight.
- Complete the claim form and submit the form to the carrier’s claims department per the carrier’s instructions.
- Provide all necessary documentation such as the BOL, POD.
To make a valid liability claim, Daylight Transport must be at fault for the damaged or lost freight.
If damages occur from inadequate packaging, loading errors, or weather-related instances, Daylight Transport is not responsible or at fault for the damage.
Daylight Transport Claims Department Contacts
What Happens Next?
The following is general carrier policies. Daylight Transport may have policies that differ somewhat.
- After a claim is submitted with the proper documentation, the carrier has 30 business days to acknowledge the claim.
- Carrier will assign a claim number to the file.
- Often claims take a while to investigate. Legally, the carrier has 120 days to respond with approval or denial of claim.
- After the 120 business days, the carrier will continue to keep you informed at 60 business day intervals until your claim is settled.