Lynden Transport Claims
Need to file a claim with Lynden Transport?
We’ve pulled together a few tips for filing a claim with the carrier.
How to file a freight claim with Lynden Transport
Unfortunately things don’t always go as planned and shipments occasionally get damaged. We’ve pulled together a few tips along with general information for filing a claim with Lynden Transport.
What to do when freight damage is found
- Thoroughly inspect the integrity of the external packaging.
- If external packaging, shrink wrap etc. is not intact, record any damages on the Bill of Lading (BOL) or Proof of Delivery Receipt (POD).
- Take photographs of any external packaging damage and product damage.
- Contact the freight carrier immediately to report damages (not your third-party logistics service provider).
- Don’t throw anything away. If Lynden Transport inspects the product, they will use this to determine if the damage to the product is consistent with damage to containers.
- Note: For concealed damage, most carrier have a 5-day deadline from the delivery date to file any damage claims. If you find damages after the delivery of your product, follow the same protocol above within those 5 days.
Who do I contact about freight claims?
Lynden Transport claims must be filed directly with the carrier. Please email email@example.com for more info.
Filing a freight claim with Lynden Transport
- Double check that Lynden Transport handled the damaged freight. You can find the carrier on your BOL paperwork.
- Click the claim form link for the carrier that handled the damaged freight.
- Complete the claim form and submit the form to the carrier’s claims department per the carrier’s instructions.
- Provide all necessary documentation such as the BOL, POD.
To make a valid liability claim, Lynden Transport must be at fault for the damaged or lost freight.
If damages occur from inadequate packaging, loading errors, or weather-related instances, Lynden Transport is not responsible or at fault for the damage.
What Happens Next?
The following is general carrier policies. Lynden Transport may have policies that differ somewhat.
- After a claim is submitted with the proper documentation, the carrier has 30 business days to acknowledge the claim.
- Carrier will assign a claim number to the file.
- Often claims take a while to investigate. Legally, the carrier has 120 days to respond with approval or denial of claim.
- After the 120 business days, the carrier will continue to keep you informed at 60 business day intervals until your claim is settled.