What’s the best way to ship aircraft seats?
After airplane seats are purchased new or sent in for repairs, they need to be shipped for installation. Believe it or not, at any given time there are thousands of aircraft seats available for sale on eBay
, Craigslist and other sales listing and eCommerce sites. While shipping aircraft seats might feel like a daunting task, with the right information it’s actually an easy and cost-effective process. Although aircraft seats are listed all over the Internet, they are too large and heavy to be shipped through regular mail. Because of this, freight shipping is the best solution for shipping airplane seats. FreightCenter has helped many aircraft seat buyers, sellers, owners and repair facilities save time and money by finding the best shipping solution. Follow these tips to learn how.
What are the Freight Shipping Options?
The two major types of freight shipping are LTL (less-than-truckload)
and FTL (full truckload). Unless you are shipping a truckload full of airplane seats, you will save a considerable amount of money by using LTL shipping. With LTL shipping, loads from a number of shippers are consolidated into one truck. Each shipper only pays for the portion of the truck that their cargo occupies, making LTL shipping a budget-friendly shipping solution.
How Do I Pack Aircraft Seats for LTL Shipping?
Whenever you ship your item via LTL freight, it will typically be unpacked and repacked at least six times before reaching its final destination. Generally, it is moved when it is…
- … picked up to be taken to the originating freight terminal
- … unloaded at the originating freight terminal
- … loaded onto the LTL freight trailer, on which it will stay for the long part of the haul
- … unloaded at the destination freight terminal
- … loaded onto a truck for delivery
- … unloaded at the final destination
It is important to note that every time freight is moved there is a potential risk that it can be damaged. Because of this, you may want to consider purchasing additional freight insurance
, as well as packing your item very carefully. As you know, aircraft seats are not an inexpensive purchase. This makes it even more important to protect your investment. With that in mind, crating offers the best protection for your airplane seats. Packing your shipment in well-crafted crates
reduces the likelihood of damage from incidental bumps that always occur between pickup and delivery. Furthermore, effective crating also protects cargo from shifting while in transit. If you would like assistance in building a custom crate, FreightCenter’s shipping experts can point you in the right direction. Call them at 800.716.7608
to learn more.
How to Compare the Cost of Shipping Aircraft Seats From Trusted Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. Our freight quote tool enables you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in a matter of seconds. From there you can choose which carrier you prefer to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest. Follow these steps to get an instant online freight shipping quote:
- Enter the dimensions, weight and relevant zip codes into the quote form.
- You’ll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you’ll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double check that all information is correct.
If you have questions about booking, packaging or would simply like to go over your quotes, our freight experts are happy to help. Get your free quote now
or give us a call at 800.716.7608