Shipping Lab Equipment and Supplies
With our expertise in handling specialized shipments, FreightCenter allows businesses to meet their transportation requirements with confidence.
How to Ship Lab Equipment and Supplies
Air-ride trucks are the most suitable option when shipping larger lab equipment, such as MRI machines or lab fridges. Air-ride trucks provide a blanket or cushioning to offer extra protection and a smooth ride during transit. It is important to be strategic when preparing your shipment of lab equipment and supplies. For example, some equipment might have to be disassembled to protect all components of the medical instrument. Tailored crates can be used to prevent any damage, using hardware link locks, hinges, and locking hasps to ensure the lab equipment is secure.
Challenges of Shipping Lab Equipment and Supplies
Many challenges come with shipping lab equipment and supplies, one being their fragility. Lab equipment usually comprises many parts, so the whole instrument will likely need repair if one part is damaged or loose. Items like beakers, cylinders, and thermometers are made of glass, so keeping them insulated against external conditions is important. Additionally, lab equipment can be shipped with alcohol or other liquids that are used for experiments. These liquids can become unsuitable if exposed to extreme temperatures.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
When shipping lab equipment and supplies, choose FreightCenter for unmatched reliability and expertise. We understand the delicate nature of your cargo and offer specialized handling, ensuring utmost care throughout the shipping process. Trust FreightCenter for all your lab shipping needs.
Healthcare workers and patients rely heavily on laboratory equipment and supplies to receive life-saving diagnoses and treatment. The stakes are high when shipping lab equipment and supplies, so it is essential to know how to ship successfully its challenges, and the costs of shipping lab equipment and supplies.
Types of Lab Equipment and Supplies
Lab equipment and supplies are tools used by healthcare professionals and scientists who work in a laboratory or hospital setting. Examples of lab equipment that gather measurements and data include:
- Test Tubes
- Bunsen Burners
Larger, more complex equipment includes:
- MRI Machines
- Lab fridges and freezers
- X-Ray Machines
- Hospital beds
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
LTL shipping involves combining multiple small shipments from different customers onto one truck, allowing each customer to share the shipment cost. Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
Truckload shipping, also known as full truckload (FTL), is a transportation option for freight that requires the entire trucks trailer space. Unlike LTL shipping, FTL shipping is reserved for larger commodities that exceed LTL weight and size limits, typically weighing more than 20,000 pounds or having dimensions that exceed 12 feet in length, 8 feet in width, and 8 feet in height. We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload. Expedited shipping is a transportation option that prioritizes the speed of delivery for freight that needs to be shipped quickly. This can be especially important for urgent situations, such as engine repairs or replacements for critical machinery.
Specialized is a transportation option for items that require specialized handling, equipment, or shipping conditions. Specialized shipments may include high-value cargo, oversized cargo, or cargo that require temperature-controlled transportation. The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.
How is Lab Equipment and Supplies Transported?
- Trucks: Trucks are commonly used for transporting lab equipment and supplies. They offer flexibility, door-to-door service, and the ability to accommodate different sizes and quantities of items.
- Air Freight: Air transportation is hired to quickly transport lab equipment and supplies over long distances for urgent shipments.
- Specialty Shipping: Fragile or sensitive lab equipment may require specialized shipping methods such as white glove delivery or temperature-controlled transport.