How Do You Ship Welding Equipment?
When shipping welding equipment, some people prefer to break down the equipment and ship the smaller, lighter items as parcels and ship only the larger items as freight. Others prefer to package the smaller items, attach them to the shipping pallet, and keep the entire shipment together as LTL freight. The choice is yours. FreightCenter books shipping for both parcels and freight. We’ll be happy to help you determine which method is best for the items you need to ship. Call us with your questions at 800.716.7608.
Welding Equipment We Typically Ship
We book freight all over the country, shipping welding cabinets, extractors, ventilators, welding tables and welders, including:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (stick welding or electric welding) SMAW Welders
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG, tungsten or inert gas) GTAW Welders
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (metal or inert gas) GMAW Welders
- Flux Cored Arc Welding FCAW Welders
- Submerged Arc Welding SAW Welders
- Electroslag Welding ESW Welders
- Plasma Cutting Machines
- Engine Drive Welding
- Multiprocess Welders
- And more …
If it’s welding equipment, FreightCenter can ship it.
When Shipping Welding Equipment as Freight, How Do You Package It?
Packaging your welding equipment properly is key to protecting the equipment and making your shipment a success. The smaller you can break down your equipment the better.
Remove any gas or regulator hoses. Wrap gauges and accessories in packaging materials and box when possible. Strap welders to the middle of pallets and wrap with shipping blankets or protective wrapping.
Get accurate measurements of dimensions and weight after the shipment has been packaged..
Compare the Costs of Shipping Welding Equipment From Common Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. We enable you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in a matter of seconds. Here’s how.
- Complete our free, online quote tool
- Compare offered rates and estimated shipping times from multiple carriers
- Choose the carrier whose deal you like the most and book that carrier
- FreightCenter shipping experts will follow up with you to verify all the details of your shipment