shipping medical equipment and supplies at a significant cost savings
At FreightCenter, we help businesses with shipping medical equipment and supplies often at a significant cost savings. The cost of transporting medical supplies can add up fast. This is why customers use FreightCenter’s instant freight calculator to find the lowest cost possible to ship medical equipment. You can get a shipping quote and arrange for the the transportation of medical supplies online using the medical supply freight quote calculator. You can speak directly to a freight expert via telephone by calling 800.716.7608. Our staff can assist with any shipping needs or special requirements you may have. When you need medical supplies delivered fast, call us immediately. We can determine what type of load classification you will need to use. We also can offer best practices and load recommendations. For instance, a pallet of Covid Tests may weigh the same as a couple of ultrasound machines, but their classifications would be different, and thus the cost to ship them. We are aware that most medical supplies used in high volume are disposable and in continuous demand. Making sure you have reliable shipping services for your medical supplies is a must. We also specialize in Domestic & International Covid Test Kits Shipping & Delivery.
Why Proper Medical Equipment Shipping Is Crucial
Shippers and receiver never want to have their assets lost or damaged during shipping. For medical equipment manufacturers, hospitals and others in the industry unfortunately this can be a common occurrence. Patients may rely on the machines and or devices and supplies you are shipping. Damages during shipping of medical equipment can can be avoided to ensure your patients livelihood.We will go the extra mile to make sure your medical equipment and supplies reach their destination.
What type of Medical Supplies or equipment can be shipped?
Medical supplies include any items used in a medical environment:
- Hospital beds, treatment tables and other furniture
- MRI machines
- Covid test kits
- CT scanners
- Lab equipment
- Surgical devices
- Computers and peripherals
- X-ray machines
- Bandages, creams, ointments, and or other supplies
- Miscellaneous medical supplies
How to Transport High Value or Heavy medical Equipment
Medical equipment is often oversized and very heavy. What makes medical supplies and equipment difficult to ship is it can also be very fragile, and contain very expensive components like gauges, lenses or mirrors and other very delicate internal items. To protect some equipment special requirements must be met for their shipping or storage for their safety.
Specialize medical equipment will require special handling and packaging. Because of this it is recommended that high value or fragile medical supplies or equipment should be properly crated or boxed prior to being picked up by a freight truck. White Glove delivery can be a great solution when you need the items to be delivered inside your business.
How to properly prepare Medical Equipment and supplies to be shipped?
Medical equipment items can’t simply be placed in any type of container and expected to arrive in one piece at its destination. This is why FreightCenter has specific practices and ongoing education for handling sensitive medical equipment shipping and packaging.
Step One: Your Account Manager will advise you the best way to prepare you shipments. Often this means you will have to make sure it is boxed or crated to meet the shipping requirements for its fragility, and value.
Step Two: We will recommend our opinion on the best type of packaging and container it should go in. This way it can be securely mounted to a pallet or skid, cushioned, and crated for safest transport available.
Step Three: Finding the right company to transport your medical equipment ensure safe delivery.
The FreightCenter Commitment to Shipping Medical Supplies or Equipment
We will commit to going above and beyond when it comes to services your shipment. Our goal is to manage your entire shipping process or medical supplies from pick up to delivery. Our automated tracking should keep you informed on where your shipment is. Shipping high value and sensitive medical devices can be very complex and often need multiple parties involved. Your FreightCenter Account manager is trained in advising you during your shipping journey.
Best Practices for Shipping Medical Equipment
To get your medical equipment and supplies to arrive safe in a timely manner, FreightCenter recommends the following:
- Plan ahead. Do not wait, plan ahead. Often the need for equipment and supplies is extremely urgent. During the early pandemic FreightCenter shipped thousands of loads containing coronavirus (COVID-19) test kits. Many people lost our because they waited to long
- Outside temperature and humidity. Does your shipment required a certain temperature or humidity level? FreightCenter can arrange for a temperature controlled truck that will regulated the humidity levels and temperature.
- Labeling the HAZMAT’s. Your shipment will get held up if you fail to label anything that is hazmat. This means things that are explosive, radioactive, toxic, or maybe just simply dangerous. If you have any questions please call us 800.716.7608
- Proper packing is the best insurance. Your medical equipment and supplies will not arrive undamaged if you fail to package it correctly. Making sure you have the maximum protection is simply the best solution. Ie Crating and proper shock absorbing padding.
- Ship it dissembled. Dissembling your item will not only make it safer to transport but it will significantly reduce the shipping costs since it will take up less room. We understand that taking it apart and reassembling your medical equipment is a major hassle however, it is often worth it to ensure a damage-free shipment.
- Insure items. High value medical items should be insured to protect incase an unforeseen situation comes about.
- Inspect at Delivery. One of the most important steps that gets missed is properly inspecting your freight and noting any damages at delivery. If you item appears to be significantly damaged it may be best to refused the delivery of the medical equipment.
- Re-assembling. Because you took the important step of dissembling your item you should prepare for possibly a significant amount of re-assembling time to get your equipment in working order.
At FreightCenter, we help businesses with shipping medical equipment and supplies at significant cost savings. Transporting supplies from one location to the next can add up fast. Try our instant freight calculator to see what savings you can achieve. Contact us when you are ready to ship your medical supplies. You can book online or via telephone with one of our experienced sales agents. Our agents can assist with any special shipping needs or requirements. When emergency strikes and you need medical supplies delivered fast, call us immediately. We are positive you will like the savings and service we can provide.
*FreightCenter can help you during the Pandemic
If you are a manufacturer or supplier of Covid-19 medical equipment or supplies please contact us directly so we can offer you special shipping rates and privileges. Our services will handle all the shipment scheduling, tracking and billing for you.
FreightCenter helps businesses transport goods from one location to another at significant savings.