Shipping Chemical Intermediates
We’ve helped thousands of businesses and individuals all over the world get their goods from point A to point B faster and smarter.
Chemical intermediates are substances manufactured for chemical processing to be transformed into another substance. They are used for the synthesis and production of various chemicals and products and are often the result of chemical reactions occurring during final product manufacturing. These chemical intermediates are critical because they directly produce plastics, dyes, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, etc. Some examples of chemical intermediates include acetic acid and ethylene glycol. These chemicals are often made on a large scale and are critical to the chemical manufacturing supply chain. Ultimately producing these chemical intermediates leads to the economical and efficient production of a wide variety of goods necessary to the economy and supply chain.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter for Shipping Chemical Intermediates?
When you choose to work with us, you are choosing to make your shipping process seamless. Here are just some of the benefits working with our Third Party Logistics company will have on your shipping experience:
- When you partner with FreightCenter, a premier 3PL (Third Party Logistics) company with over twenty-four years of experience within the logistics industry, you are choosing success. Over the decades, our team has dealt with nearly every shipment imaginable. There is no shipment process we cannot help you with!
- FreightCenter employs a knowledgeable staff that is always willing to learn and grow with industry changes and advancements. We are ready to answer any questions you have throughout the entire process!
- We act as the middleman between you and your carrier; you do not have to worry about playing phone tag with your trucker. Your agent will directly communicate with you and your carrier, delivering any necessary information or updates between you.
- We secure the best transit carrier and route for you at the best price. There is no need to spend hours figuring out the logistics or searching for a worthwhile deal.
- We make it easy to ensure your shipments by guiding you toward the best providers. Whether you need full or partial coverage, we have you covered!
- We arrange the pickups and drop-offs while also making sure to track each shipment in transit. This ensures that you know where your packages are every step of the way!
Now what are you waiting for? Call FreightCenter to set up your account and discuss your shipment. We are ready to answer your questions and provide solutions! Our team looks forward to partnering with you.
Why Choose Us For A Freight Quote?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Shipping Chemical Intermediates
Chemical Intermediates are likely to be classified as hazardous materials by most carriers. Packaging these chemicals properly is non-negotiable to avoid fines, shipping delays, and potential accidents. The first part of properly shipping chemical intermediates is understanding the chemical intermediates and their properties. It is essential to know precisely what you are sending—awareness of your product’s hazards, reactivity, toxicity, flammability, and special handling requirements. The SDS (Safety Data Sheets) are critical in determining chemical information and safety; consult chemical experts if further guidance is needed.
Next, you must choose an adequate container. Choose a sturdy container compatible with the intermediates, proven resistant to corrosion, leakage, and damage. Some standard packaging options include plastic containers, (IBCs) intermediate bulk containers, and glass bottles. Remember that reactive chemical intermediates, or ones prone to leaking, may require secondary containers like sealed bags and bottles. Secondary containers provide national protection to the primary package. Ensure the containers offer protection and coverage by only filling up to a certain level to prevent leakage or damage. Leave enough space at the top of the container to account for any expansion or contraction.
Another critical detail to account for in shipping chemical intermediates is shifting products. All products are prone to movement and potential damage during transit, so it is crucial to ensure they are secured with outer shipping containers. Appropriate cushioning materials like bubble wrap, packing peanuts, and more absorbent materials can provide extra protection against spills and shocks.
Lastly, on the packaging side of things, accurately label the chemicals being shipped. Failing to do so could cause severe injury, damage, and loss. Carriers must know precisely what they are sending to protect themselves and prevent shipment damage. Packages must be labeled with appropriate hazard symbols, ID numbers, product names, and handling instructions. Pay attention to necessary labeling details like size, color, and placement. Ensure that you have packaged the shipment with appropriate labels before shipping them.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
LTL shipping involves combining multiple small shipments from different customers onto one truck, allowing each customer to share the shipment cost. Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
Truckload shipping, also known as full truckload (FTL), is a transportation option for freight that requires the entire trucks trailer space. Unlike LTL shipping, FTL shipping is reserved for larger commodities that exceed LTL weight and size limits, typically weighing more than 20,000 pounds or having dimensions that exceed 12 feet in length, 8 feet in width, and 8 feet in height. We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload. Expedited shipping is a transportation option that prioritizes the speed of delivery for freight that needs to be shipped quickly. This can be especially important for urgent situations, such as engine repairs or replacements for critical machinery.
Specialized is a transportation option for items that require specialized handling, equipment, or shipping conditions. Specialized shipments may include high-value cargo, oversized cargo, or cargo that require temperature-controlled transportation. The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.