Parcel Shipping Made Easy
FreightCenter handles parcel shipping as well as freight, making us a true one-stop shop to meet all your shipping needs. Get a free quote now.
Freightcenter Handles Parcel Shipping Too
A leading 3rd Party Logistics provider in the freight shipping industry since 1998, FreightCenter now offers the same services for shipping parcels. If your company ships freight, you’ll be happy to know we can now take care of these essential services for you.
And as with freight, an accurate quote begins with accurate measurements
How to Measure Your Parcel Shipment
Measuring your parcel is a crucial step in the shipping process.
What You’ll Need:
An accurate scale
Your packaged parcel
Things to Keep in Mind
Before you begin obtaining dimensional measurements, it’s important to keep in mind:
1) When measuring or weighing your parcel, be sure to do so once it is already packaged. All measurements must be inclusive of both the item you’re shipping and shipping materials. We’ve provided instructions on How to Properly Package Parcel.
2) If your freight is oddly shaped, measure at the largest point of the dimension to ensure accurate measurements.
Parcel Shipping Hack
The measurement of each side of your parcel is referred to as a “dimension”. With each individual parcel comes three dimensions: length, width, and height. The largest measurement of the parcel will always be considered the length.
How to Calculate Dimensions
1) Measure the three parcel dimensions in inches Example: 60 in (Length) x 40 in (Width) x 20 in (height)
2) Add together the dimensions of the two smallest measurements (width and height). Multiply the answer by two. This is the girth of your package. Example: 40 in (Width) + 20 in (Height) = 60 in. 60 in x 2 = 120 in (Girth).
3) Take the longest dimension (length) and add this to the package girth. The result is the combined length and girth of your parcel. Example: 60 in (Length) + 120 in (Girth) = 180 in (Combined Length and Girth)
Parcel Shipping Dimension Restrictions
Many parcel delivery services such as UPS or FedEx, have restrictions on the maximum combined length and girth of each parcel that you are shipping – this is otherwise known as the max girth.
The reasons for these restrictions is not to make the process more difficult for you, but rather to ensure the package fits comfortably onto any sorting conveyor belts or delivery vehicles it may encounter on its journey.
Each parcel carrier that we collaborate with has their own set of restrictions for parcel. For example, the maximum length that FedEx will accept for a package is 11 inches larger than what UPS accepts. However, the restriction for length and girth combined is 165” for both carriers. This is just one example of many.
Get an Accurate Weight
Your fully packaged parcel will need to be weighed in order to produce an accurate quote.
Request Your Quote
Once you have your accurate dimensions and weight in hand, use the form at the top right of this page to request a quote. Unlike with freight shipping, you won’t get a response right away, but a member of our parcel team will contact you shortly with rates for you to compare.
We provide competitive freight shipping prices and an all-inclusive, easy-to-use shipping experience for our customers. Exceeding our customers’ expectations results in thousands of satisfied customer reviews and repeat business. We believe in the power of our customer relationships. Check out FreightCenter reviews from real customers, and learn what they have to say about their freight shipping experience!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and lowest price. My go to shipper from now onT!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.