Major US freight companies and freight services for commercial equipment shipping. Door to door freight rates. Pick up and delivery to all US locations.
What Qualifies as Heavy Equipment?
Heavy equipment is defined by its size and weight. This constitutes machinery like tractors, cranes, forklifts, and large industrial equipment. Due to the varying sizes of this machinery, such equipment could potentially require specific carriers that specialize in their carriage. Freight rates could also vary greatly.
What Should I Know About Heavy Equipment Shipping?
- Know how to properly measure the dimensions of your heavy equipment.
- If you are not certain of the machinery’s specs, research the brand.
- Can it be crated or boxed?
- Know what equipment, if any, may be required to properly load and unload your heavy equipment.
- Know if any permits will be required for your heavy equipment shipment, especially if you are shipping internationally.
- Know what is covered under your transporter’s insurance, and know if you will need to purchase supplementary freight insurance through FreightCenter.
- Know how to properly prepare your equipment for shipping in order to prevent any damages from occurring.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Equipment Shipping Services?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to refrigerated freight shipping services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of refrigerated freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their refrigerated freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
Some Heavy Items We Commonly Ship
- Aircraft Propellers
- Aircraft parts
- Auto Body Parts
- Automobile Clutches
- Bathroom Tiles
- Brewery Systems Equipment
- Car and Truck Accessories
- Ceramic Tile
- Christmas Trees
- Conveyor Systems
- Deck Tiles
- Dry Goods
- Exercise Machines
- Farm Equipment
- Floor Tiles
- Food Beverage
- Golf Course Mowers
- Hardwood Flooring
- Laminate Wood Flooring
- Lawn Mower
- Light Bulbs
- Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Machine Parts
- Manufacturing Equipment
- Marble Tiles
- Medical Machines
- Metal Racks
- Metal Rails
- Metal Rods
- Outboard Motors
- Power Generation Equipment
- Power Tools
- Restaurant Equipment
- Roofing Tiles
- Sheet Metal
- Shipping Medical Supplies
- Shower Tiles
- Used Auto RV Parts
- Welding Equipment
- Wood Floors
More Tips on Heavy Equipment Transport
The first and most crucial step in shipping heavy equipment is to have accurate dimensions and weight. This information helps our freight agents determine what type of truck will be needed and what class your freight will fall into. Providing as much detail as possible will aid our agents in getting you the most accurate quote estimate, which means no surprises for you on shipping day.
How To Prepare Heavy Equipment For Shipping
Before the carrier service arrives, you will need to take the necessary steps in order to ensure your equipment is protected and secure from any unfavorable conditions it may come across during its shipment. Please be aware that any improper packaging may decrease or invalidate the carrier’s liability for damage claims or loss. If you are unable to put your freight in a box or crate, you can fasten it to a pallet with strapping tape. Just ensure that you have covered any exposed corners or finishes with blankets or heavy-duty cardboard and strapping tape. If you’re still worried, contact us.
If you are planning to ship your equipment in a crate, check out our post on how to create your own DIY Crate in order to secure your shipment. Simply keep in mind to account for the crate and other packing materials in the final weight in order to guarantee that your freight quote is correct.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads, competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.