How To Ship A Single Piece Of Furniture
Consumers are buying furniture online in record amounts these days. Whether you are a custom furniture maker or a local artist selling your unique items online, you need to know how to ship a single piece of furniture and find a way to get your items into the hands of your customers.
Why Choose FreightCenter For Your Shipping Needs?
- Shipping quotes anytime
- Get freight shipping quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter For Less-Than-Truckload Services (LTL)?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. We bring a lot to the table when it comes to less-than-truckload services. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of less-than-truckload freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their less-than-truckload freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
Need Help To Ship A Single Piece Of Furniture?
Perhaps you are a consumer who found the furniture piece you’ve been searching for forever, one that fits perfectly into the empty spot you’ve had since you moved in.
Trying to ship a single piece of furniture can be two things: a headache or a piece of cake. At FreightCenter, we prefer cake. Suppose you are sending items to your customers. The sooner you ship that custom couch you designed, the sooner your customer can sit back and rest easy! In that case, you can take several different approaches to get your loveseat across the country or over state lines. From packaging it correctly to choosing the suitable carrier and shipping method.
Let’s look at how to ship a single piece of furniture safely and for a reasonable price.
Ship A Single Piece Of Furniture: The Basics
LTL vs FTL Shipping
To determine which shipping service is right for you and the piece you’re shipping, ensure you know the weight and dimensions. For example, your average sleeper sofa weighs about 350 lbs. That is probably too heavy for a single mail carrier to cart around. This makes less-than-truckload shipping the ideal choice if you’re shipping a single piece of furniture that is too small to ship a full truckload.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads and competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needs.
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.
How to Ship Furniture
Shipping furniture can be a complex process. It involves careful disassembly, proper packing, and selecting a cost-effective freight service. We’ll provide step-by-step instructions on successfully shipping furniture tailored to your needs.
1. Choose the Right-Sized Shipping Box: The first step in shipping furniture is selecting an appropriate shipping container. Depending on factors like shipment distance and the dimensions of your furniture, this can be a cardboard box or even a custom-made wooden crate. You can create a custom box using large corrugated box sheets for irregularly sized items. Ensure the corners are rounded to conform to the furniture’s shape.
2. Disassemble Detachable Parts: Remove any detachable components, such as table legs and chair armrests, before packing. For fragile parts that can’t be detached, carefully wrap them in foam or bubble wrap to prevent damage during transit.
3. Wrap with Styrofoam: To protect your furniture, wrap it in Styrofoam and use packing tape to secure the Styrofoam in place.
4. Pack into the Box: Place the furniture inside the chosen or custom-made box. If creating a custom box, ensure the lid’s cardboard sheet is wider than the top of the box to fold the edges over. Securely tape the box to prevent any movement during transit.
5. Secure with Polypropylene Strapping: To prevent accidents during shipping, use polypropylene strapping to keep the box intact. Pay special attention to securing all sides of the box carefully.
6. Secure to a pallet: Furniture must be secured to a wooden pallet as freight gets moved via forklifts and will not stay on the same truck the whole time. A pallet provides a sturdy platform between your furniture and forklift arms. Make sure nothing overhangs the pallet.
7. Accurate Measurement and Weight: Accurate measurements and weight metrics are crucial for determining shipping costs and choosing the right courier service. Weigh the furniture plus all the packaging, including pallet weight.
8. Calculate Shipping Costs: Use our rates calculator to estimate shipping costs and review carrier options. Consider factors like affordability, speed, and overall value when choosing.
9. Select Your Carrier: Choose the carrier that best suits your requirements based on your preferences and the specific needs of your shipment. If it’s a one-time shipment, you still get discounts from our services.
By following these steps, you can ship furniture efficiently and cost-effectively. Whether you’re shipping large or delicate items, FreightCenter can help.