How Do You Ship Metal Rods?
FreightCenter makes shipping metal rods easy and affordable for you. Follow the suggestions on this page and you’ll see how.
Metal rods are made from a number of raw materials:
- Copper alloys
- Stainless steel
FreightCenter will help you ship any or all of them.
Freight shipping metal rods can be done via LTL (less-than-truckload)
hauls if the rods are no longer than 12 feet. But if the metal rods you are shipping are longer, you will need to book a full truckload
. Whichever type of shipping you need, FreightCenter can handle it for you.
How Do You Select a Carrier for Metal Rods if You Need a Full Truckload?
If you are shipping metal rods in dimensions (more than 12′) or quantities that call for full truckload service, FreightCenter’s Truckload division is available to find the right carrier for your shipment. We maintain relationships with hundreds of regional and national freight trucking companies
throughout the country who check with us for available hauls. We excel at finding and booking specialty vehicles. If you need a specialty vehicle like a flatbed, RGN or step deck for shipping metal rods, we’re here to help , Call our Truckload shipping experts at 800.716.7608
to learn more or use our free online quote tool
for truckloads to get started.
How Do You Prepare for Ltl Shipping Metal Rods?
You save money with LTL (less-than-truckload) shipping because your shipment shares the truck with loads from other shippers. It’s important that your cargo be packaged so it will not be damaged in transit and will not present a danger to other shipments on the truck.
Depending on the type, shape and size of the metal rods you’re shipping, you likely will want to package them in a crate or heavy-duty bulk box that can be attached to a pallet.
For a very heavy load, palletizing your rods on oversized pallets might be the best solution. This takes special planning.
- Bundle—Consolidating two or more items into a single package and combining them with multiple bundles ensures containment while increasing the integrity of the bundle, which will reduce loss and damages.
- Blocking—It’s important to keep your shipments from jostling. To ensure they remain fixed, brace them with wood fastened to the pallet. This will keep pieces from swinging from the end.
- Securing—This should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: keep your bundles strapped to the pallet. Safely securing your bundles will keep it within the blocking. Make sure any strapping is out of the way of forklift blades.
What Is the Nmfc (Freight Class) for Shipping Metal Rods?
Many metal rods are very dense and have a low freight class of 60. To be sure of your shipment’s freight classs, check with an LTL shipping expert when you confirm your shipment details.
How to Compare the Costs of Shipping Metal Rods From Trusted Ltl Carriers
FreightCenter is where the best freight carriers compete for your business. We enable you to compare multiple carriers’ rates and expected transit times in a matter of seconds. Then, you choose which carrier you want to handle your shipment. FreightCenter takes care of the rest.
Your first step is to get an instant, online freight shipping quote
- Enter the dimensions, weight, relevant zip codes and freight class (if you know it) into the quote form.
- You’ll see a list of qualified carriers for your shipment, along with their quote and estimated transit time. Choose your carrier and book your shipment.
- A FreightCenter expert will review your shipment and check for accuracy.
- Once the shipment is scheduled, you’ll receive your bill of lading and other paperwork.
- Double check that all information is correct.
What if You Need Help?
FreightCenter is a leader in customer satisfaction because we back up our technology with the able assistance of real live shipping experts who are here to help you. Need help booking your metal rods shipment? Have questions about preparation? Have questions or concerns after you’ve booked your shipment? Our freight experts are available to answer your questions. Save time, save money, and enjoy peace of mind. Get your free quote now
or give us a call at 800.716.7608