Truck freight is the transportation of large items over the road using freight trucks. Freight transported via trucks is either less than truckload (LTL) or full truckload (TL).
Organizing truck freight, especially LTL, requires complicated logistics. FreightCenter is a third-party logistics (3PL) provider. We specialize in simplifying freight transportation by truck, rail, air and ocean. We provide a wide variety of truck freight services to individuals and businesses of all sizes.
The LTL Freight Experts
FreightCenter is the only 3PL that provides such a large scale of LTL services. We started providing LTL services to residential customers and one-time shippers in 1998. Back then, truck freight options were basically non-existent for those types of shippers.
Over the years we've built relationships with the top freight companies. Now, we provide one of the largest selections of LTL services to residential and commercial customers.
LTL shipping is complicated, because it requires the consolidation of dozens of shipments onto one truck. These shipments come from different origins and are headed to different destinations. Often, they have to be unloaded and reloaded onto another truck at a freight terminal.
While this consolidation is complicated, it makes freight shipping much more cost effective. We work to make it even more cost effective by acquiring low contract rates and high-volume discounts.
As a FreightCenter customer, you get access those low rates and big discounts. All you have to do is get a quote or register for an account to get started.
Get a Quote: Compare Truck Freight Rates
When you complete a FreightCenter quote, you'll instantly receive a list of carriers to choose from. These carriers each have their own set of services, estimated transit time and price. You get to choose the one that works best for your shipping needs.
Getting a quote is easy. You can complete one online using our quote form. We even have one in the top right corner of this page. Or, you can get a quote here. You can also request one over the phone by calling 800.716.7608, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you request a quote, make sure to have the information listed below. To get an accurate freight quote this information must be correct.
- Origin address. Is it a commercial or residential location? is it a limited access area? Is there a lift gate or loading dock available?
- Destination address. Is it a commercial or residential location? is it a limited access area? Is there a lift gate or loading dock available? Does the consignor require a call before delivery?
- Packaging. Is the item packaged securely in a box, crate or barrel. Is it secured on a pallet?
- Size and weight. What are the total dimensions of the item(s), including packaging? How about the total weight?
- Freight class. The density and commodity of your shipment determines its freight class. If you're not sure what to class to use, our quote form will select one according to the density. In some cases, the determined class could be wrong because of the commodity type. A freight expert will review your quote before booking to ensure it is correct.