Advantages of Third-Party Logistics Providers
Third-party logistics providers streamline the shipping process for you and your business by allowing experts in the freight industry to do the groundwork for you; while you get to do the work you actually want to do.
Advantages of Third-Party Logistics
The advantages of third-party logistics providers are endless. Third-party logistics providers (3PLs) offer a range of services from quote to transportation, inventory management and on through delivery; revolutionizing the logistics industry. By partnering with 3PLs, businesses have a partner beside them every step of the way streamlining operations, reducing costs, and focusing on core competencies: gaining a competitive edge in the global marketplace and ultimately providing customers with exceptional service. These external experts provide a crucial advantage, enabling businesses to thrive and succeed in today’s fast-paced and interconnected business world.
3PL Customer Satisfaction Statistics
According to the 2021 Third-Party Logistics Study by Penske Logistics and Infosys, 88% of shippers say that the use of a third-party logistics providers has contributed to improving service to the customer. Additionally, 76% of 3PL users say that 3PLs provide new and innovative ways to improve logistics effectiveness. What’s more, the study shows that 68% of companies who work with a third-party logistics providers say that the use of 3PLs has contributed to reducing overall logistics costs.
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives' Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2021 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
How FreightCenter Partners With You:
- Prepare Goods for Shipping – Collaboration to ensure your goods are properly prepared for shipment, including appropriate packaging, accurate labeling, and the completion of any necessary documentation.
- Order Processing – Providing detailed order information, such as product specifications, quantities, and delivery requirements, allowing them to accurately process and prepare your order for shipping.
- Inventory Management – FreightCenter takes charge of managing your inventory, keeping record of stock, and ensuring exact shipment information to guarantee the availability of carriers is accurate for pricing.
- Carrier Selection – Leverage the FreightCenter’s extensive network and industry knowledge to select the most suitable carrier and transportation method for each shipment, considering factors such as cost-effectiveness, speed, reliability, and specific shipping requirements.
- Documentation & Labeling – Advising you with the preparation of all necessary shipping documents, ensuring compliance with regulations, and attaching appropriate labels to packages for easy identification and tracking
- Shipping and Tracking – Coordinate the shipping process with FreightCenter, including timely pickup, and provide real-time tracking updates for complete visibility of the shipment’s progress.
- Delivery and Customer Support – Ensure a smooth handover at the destination, managing customs clearances if required, and offering our customer support for any inquiries or issues during the delivery process.
- Reporting and Analytics – Provide FreightCenter customers regular reports and insights on shipping performance, helping you monitor efficiency, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions for optimization.
The Importance of Customer Support in a 3PL Partnership
When selecting a third-party logistics provider, it is crucial to consider their dedication to customer service. Just as you prioritize customer satisfaction, a customer service-focused 3PL is essential for enhancing the overall customer experience. Here are key factors to assess their customer service orientation:
Responsiveness: Look for a 3PL that promptly addresses customer service issues. They should have established protocols and dedicated personnel to handle inquiries, requests, and complaints. A responsive 3PL demonstrates a track record of timely resolution and shows a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Clear Communication: Effective communication is vital for smooth logistics operations. A customer service-oriented 3PL maintains open lines of communication, providing clear and timely updates on shipment status and any disruptions. Transparent communication fosters trust and enables you to address customer concerns proactively.
Problem-Solving Skills: A customer service-focused 3PL excels at problem-solving. Assess their capabilities by inquiring about specific instances where they successfully resolved logistics-related challenges for clients. Their ability to think on their feet, take ownership of issues, and implement effective solutions reflects their commitment to exceptional customer service.
Continuous Improvement: Consider the 3PL’s approach to customer service. A customer-centric 3PL actively seeks feedback and suggestions for improvement, showing a proactive attitude towards enhancing the customer experience. Partnering with a 3PL that prioritizes continuous improvement ensures they align their services with evolving customer expectations.
Partnering with a customer support-focused 3PL is crucial for your business’s reputation and customer loyalty. By ensuring their responsiveness, clear communication, problem-solving skills, and commitment to continuous improvement, you can trust them to deliver exceptional service to your customers. A customer-centric 3PL not only helps achieve your logistics goals but also creates a positive experience that fosters long-term customer loyalty.
In the ever-evolving world of logistics and supply chain management, embracing innovation is essential for staying competitive and meeting the demands of the modern market. Here are four new revolutionary innovations 3PLs are implementing:
3PL providers leverage AI and machine learning for optimized route planning, inventory management, and demand forecasting, enabling agile services.
3PL companies explore blockchain to enhance traceability, reduce fraud, and provide real-time supply chain information to stakeholders.
Integrating IoT devices like RFID tags and sensors enables 3PL operations to monitor goods' conditions during transportation, improving product quality and inventory management.
3PL companies adopt green practices, such as eco-friendly packaging, alternative-fuel vehicles, and renewable energy, to reduce their carbon footprint and promote environmentally responsible logistics.
Improving Relationships with Customers Through 3PL
- Flexibility: A third-party logistics provider offers flexibility to seamlessly handle volume increases, demand spikes, and peak seasons. Their expertise and resources enable businesses to scale their operations without disruptions, ensuring uninterrupted service and timely deliveries. Issue
- Resolution: As a trusted ally, a third-party logistics provider acts as an intermediary to efficiently resolve carrier issues. Their industry knowledge and established relationships enable them to navigate challenges and find effective solutions, minimizing disruptions in the supply chain.
- Increased Shipping Efficiencies: By leveraging the expertise and optimized workflows of a 3PL, businesses can identify areas for improvement and streamline their shipping processes. This leads to increased efficiencies, allowing for smoother operations, reduced transit times, and improved overall delivery performance.
- Timely and Accurate Deliveries: The enhanced efficiency in the shipping process facilitated by a third-party logistics provider enables businesses to consistently meet promised delivery times. Timely and accurate deliveries contribute to higher customer satisfaction and build trust, as customers receive their orders as expected.
- Customer Loyalty: By exceeding customer expectations through timely deliveries and accurate service, businesses can foster customer loyalty. Satisfied customers are more likely to return for future purchases, recommend the business to others, and develop long-term relationships, driving sustained growth and success.
- Reputation Building: Collaborating with a customer-focused 3PL reinforces positive customer experiences and contributes to building a strong reputation in the market. By consistently meeting customer expectations and providing excellent service, businesses establish themselves as reliable and trustworthy partners
Partnering with a customer-focused third-party logistics provider empowers businesses to optimize their operations, enhance customer satisfaction, and drive customer loyalty. The flexibility, issue resolution capabilities, increased shipping efficiencies, timely deliveries, and reputation building that come with a 3PL partnership collectively contribute to a positive customer experience and long-term success in the market.
Choose FreightCenter as Your 3PL
Here at FreightCenter, we’re proof that third-party logistics providers can help deliver better customer service. We can help you scale to meet peak demands, reduce shipping costs and provide access to advanced technology. Spend more time focusing on getting more business, and let us handle the shipping. See how our team of shipping experts can help you deliver better customer service through effective shipping by giving us a call at 800.716.7608 or by getting your instant free online quote.
Q. What is a third-party logistics provider?
A: Third-party logistics (3PL) refers to outsourced logistics services that involve managing procurement and fulfillment activities. 3PL providers handle various aspects of the supply chain, allowing businesses to focus on their core operations. By leveraging the expertise and resources of a 3PL provider, companies can streamline their logistics processes, reduce costs, and improve overall efficiency.
Q. Is a 3PL a trucking company?
A: No, a 3PL is not a trucking company. While they provide transportation services, a 3PL is “asset light” or non-asset based, meaning they rent trucking capacity from truck owners. Additionally, a 3PL offers a wider range of supply chain services beyond transportation.
Q. Can a 3PL scale to meet changing business needs?
A: Absolutely, 3PLs can scale their services to meet changing business needs, handling seasonal spikes and expansion into new markets.
Q. What is 3PL and 4PL logistics?
A: 3PL and 4PL logistics providers handle different aspects of the supply chain. A 3PL manages warehousing and shipping, while a 4PL manages a 3PL on behalf of the customer and other supply chain elements. Both play crucial roles in ensuring efficient and streamlined logistics operations.