Freight & Damage Claims
At FreightCenter, we love freight. We think it's fascinating! And we want to share Freight & Damage Claims tips. That is why each week, we
Claims Help by Carrier
AAA Cooper Transportation (ACT)
Roadrunner Transportation Systems
Note: FreightCenter adds and removes carrier partners from time to time. This list may not be current.
If you’ve purchased freight insurance, simply give us a call at 800.716.7608. If you did not purchase insurance, you can still file a freight claim.
Why Choose Us?
- Shipping Quotes anytime
- Get Freight Shipping Quotes to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.
- Unbeatable discounts on your freight LTL, truckload, rail, air, and more
- Automated Freight tracking, paperwork & invoices
- Manage all quotes & shipments in one place
- 24+ years of logistics experience working for you!
Working With Jennifer Rendine has been super easy. I know that every detail will be taken care of with each and every shipment. I would recommend Freightcenter.com to anyone. 5 Stars!
It was very easy to do and priced right . The people I talked to were very friendly and helpful !
It was a great experience. Everything went very smoothly. My customer service rep was exceptional!
I have used Freight Center for 3 different pickups and so far everything has worked beautifully. I would highly recommend their services and the pricing is very competitive. Thank you Freight Center for the good job.
So happy using FreightCenter. Great service and the lowest price. My go to shipper from now on!
Easy to work with. Scheduled on line and then a CS rep called us to make sure all the details were in order to ship our product correctly to the customer.
Awards and Endorsements
- 2021, 2017 & 2016 Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers
- 2021 & 2018 Supply & Demand Chain Executives’ Pros to Know: Matthew Brosious
- 2020 & 2019 Top Food Logistics’ 3PL & Cold Storage Provider Award
- 2020 & 2019 Business Observer’s Top 500 Companies on the Gulf Coast
- 2020 & 2017 SmartWay® Transport Partner
- 2020 & 2017 Food Logistics’ Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- 2020 Best of Palm Harbor Awards for Local Businesses
- 2017 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- 2017 Tampa Bay Business Journal Heroes at Work
- 2016, 2015, & 2012 Food Logistics Top 100 Software and Technology Providers
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2013 Top 100 Great Supply Chain Partners by SupplyChainBrain
- 2012 TIA Samaritan Award Honorable Mention
- 2012, 2011 & 2010 TBBJ Fast 50 Recipient
- 2013, 2011, & 2010 Diversity Business Top Businesses
Why Choose FreightCenter?
We are an award-winning logistics company and an American veteran-owned business. Our history, competitive pricing, and level of service are unmatched in the industry. Over the years and many miles, we have formed a dedicated and respected network of partners in the industry to help customers meet deadlines.
Our mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations in all that we do. We take care of refrigerated freight shipping from pickup to delivery. Excellent customer service is our hallmark, and it goes a long way in building a relationship of trust. When customers select FreightCenter to handle their freight shipment, they trust us to do the job.
Tips for Filing Freight & Damage Claims
Unfortunately, things don’t always go as expected, and shipments occasionally get damaged. We’ve pulled together a few tips along with general information for filing a claim with the carrier.
Four Types of Freight Claims
- Damage: The most common form of freight claims, the damage claim occurs when you receive freight with damage that is visible upon delivery.
- Concealed: A concealed claim can be filed when loss or damage is discovered after the delivery driver leaves.
- Loss: The loss claim occurs when freight is picked up but lost in transit.
- Shortage: A shortage claim is when you only receive part of the cargo you were expecting.
What to do When Damage Found at/after the Time of Delivery
- Thoroughly inspect the integrity of the external packaging.
- If external packaging, shrink wrap, etc., is not intact, record any damages on the Bill of Lading (BOL) or Point of Delivery Receipt (POD).
- Take photographs of any external packaging damage and product damage.
- Contact the freight carrier immediately to report damages (not your third-party logistics service provider).
- Don’t throw anything away. If the carrier inspects the product, they will use this to determine if the damage to the product is consistent with damage to containers.
Internal or Concealed Damage:
- For concealed damages, there is a 5-day deadline from the delivery date to file any damage claims with your carrier. If you find damages after the delivery of your product, follow the same protocol above within those 5 days.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Filing a Claim with the Carrier
The carrier must be at fault for the damaged or lost freight to make a valid liability claim. If damages occur from inadequate packaging, loading errors, or weather-related instances, the carrier is not responsible or at fault for the damage.
In addition, if the damage is not noted on the delivery receipt, you must notify your carrier within 5 days from the date of delivery, or the claim will be void.
To create value for our customers by delivering customized shipping solutions that meet their unique needs and to fulfill shipping demands from simple to complex with expertise, guidance and ingenuity.
Trust the experts at FreightCenter to give you the best prices and the most comprehensive options for all your LTL freight shipping needs.Learn More
We deliver optimized solutions for full or partial truckloads, competitive dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated freight pricing. We can cover your full truckload shipping needsLearn More
Nationwide Expedited Trucking services move your freight securely and rapidly. Your freight requires fast delivery; our freight shipping experts can get your shipment fast, whether in one large box or a full truckload.Learn More
The most reliable Specialized Freight Services rates from all the top carriers are just a few steps away. From white glove service to international shipping, we've got you covered.Learn More